The Murder House Trilogy Spoiler Board

Started by SDLagent, May 16, 2008, 03:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

On Monday, a member on the HDA forum, by the name of Robina, PM'd me her theory about the last book in this trilogy, I thought it was interesting and since it's the only theory about the final book, I've heard, I thought I'd share it. Here what she think will happen:

I think that it is Bryn and that she is the daughter of the actress who was murdered in the house. I think that she somehow knows who the boys really are and that's why she's been trying to play them off against each other.

Olivia

Well, I finally read Deprivation House.

I thought it had its good points and its bad. One good point goes towards some normalcy in their lives near the beginning of the book - i.e. seeing them at school, some good-natured humour, etc. In addition, the characters are described well enough to feel like real people, and not vague and forced like I found in other books. There were also instances that I thought were interesting and fit well in the overall story.

I do recall that a couple of times, I was reminded of the Nancy Drew: Girl Detective series because of some kind of resemblence. There were just a couple of details that reminded me of the ND:GD series or maybe a book within it. Oh well.

Anyways, I can't remember the bad at the moment, so I guess I blocked it out (;)). It's probably just the typical stuff we find wrong with the series I suppose. Wait, I can't believe I almost forgot! I have a question - How the heck does Frank Hardy receive the Perfect Attendance Award ??? ::)

P.S. I'm glad I'm finally featured in a real Hardy Boys book, however warped. Just kidding ;)

Sam Spade

Quote from: Centrion on July 05, 2008, 07:00:05 PM
Just a minor bit of trivia, but I think this is the first there's been a Hardy who has sweared since Operation:Survival and the first for Joe.

Huh ???
I read it and all I saw was one "upset" and one "crap". Is that what you're referring to? 'Cause I don't really find those words to be offensive.
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

SDLagent

Well, those are as close as you get in The Hardy Boys. Also I noticed ''Oh my God!'' was used way more then normal.

JoeHardyRocks

That wasn't the first time Joe said a swear word. In Blown Away he says a swear word.
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

FrankJoeATAC

Quote from: HardyBoysWiki on August 09, 2008, 01:04:33 PM
Well, those are as close as you get in The Hardy Boys. Also I noticed ''Oh my God!'' was used way more then normal.

Yeah, I noticed that too..

Sam Spade

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on August 10, 2008, 01:07:00 PM
That wasn't the first time Joe said a swear word. In Blown Away he says a swear word.

What did he say, JHR ??? I don't remember anything...

JoeHardyRocks

He didn't mean it as a swear word, he just referred to the decorations as c--p. Pg. 99
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Sam Spade

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on August 10, 2008, 07:27:34 PM
He didn't mean it as a swear word, he just referred to the decorations as c--p. Pg. 99

Crap?
Okay, I don't consider myself an immoral person, but I just don't find that word to be offensive! I say it EVERY DAY in my daily life! Does anyone else find the word crap offensive ???

SDLagent

And even if you find crap offensive or don't like the word, I still wouldn't call it a swear word. It's not something you'd expect your 93 year old English grandmother to say, but still it's no swear word!

Sam Spade

Quote from: HardyBoysWiki on August 11, 2008, 03:37:21 AM
And even if you find crap offensive or don't like the word, I still wouldn't call it a swear word. It's not something you'd expect your 93 year old English grandmother to say, but still it's no swear word!

It's just slang!

SDLagent

Yeah, exactly. Just like you wouldn't hear your grandmother say "Dude!"  But I guess you could say crap is a bit worse then some words, so I can see where your coming from JHR.

Wow, this is waaaay off-topic!

Olivia

I just looked back at my review for Deprivation House. It seems wayyy too positive. Overall, I didn't think it was that good. I guess it just came across that way because I emphasized the one or two things that I liked (which was the beginning, and the way they made the characters seem real).

Oh well. ::)

SDLagent

Well I didn't find ''Deprivation House'' that bad (not great, but not bad), but after reading ''House Arrest'' it's really bad, since the books have nothing to do with each other!

Olivia

Quote from: HardyBoysWiki on August 11, 2008, 02:38:21 PM
Well I didn't find ''Deprivation House'' that bad (not great, but not bad), but after reading ''House Arrest'' it's really bad, since the books have nothing to do with each other!

Hmm. I wonder if it was written by the same author.