Danger Overseas

Started by tomswift2002, November 14, 2007, 02:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

I was just on Simonsays.com, and it looks like they've updated the cover for Danger Overseas.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Sam Spade

You're right, Tom, it has been altered.

Here's a comparison:

The images are different sizes, but it gets the point across.
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

Centrion

That, and it looks like some of the color changed. Hopefully it will be out soon.
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

tomswift2002

It is scheduled for release around May/June 2008.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Olivia

Wow. I must be slow or something because I just realized the book actually says "Carolyn Keene and Franklin W. Dixon" instead of just "Carolyn Keene" like in the '88 series. That's pretty interesting.

tomswift2002

The last time that both their names appeared on a book cover together was back in 1985 with the release of the Be A Detective #6 The Missing Money Mystery book.  Here's a list of all the books that have been written together by Franklin W. Dixon and Carolyn Keene

Be A Detective Mystery Stories (1984-1985)
#1 The Secret of The Knight's Sword
#2 Danger On Ice
#3 The Feathered Serpent
#4 Secret Cargo
#5 The Alaskan Mystery
#6 The Missing Money Mystery
#7 Jungle Of Evil
#8 Ticket To Intrigue
(#7 & 8 were never published, although they would've been written by both authors)

Nancy Drew And The Hardy Boys SuperSleuths 1 (1981)
Nancy Drew And The Hardy Boys SuperSleuths 2 (1984)
Nancy Drew And The Hardy Boys Campfire Stories (1984)

plus

Nancy Drew Girl Detective and The Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers Super Mystery #1: Terror On Tour (June 2007)

Olivia

Quote from: tomswift2002 on November 26, 2007, 06:22:22 PM
The last time that both their names appeared on a book cover together was back in 1985 with the release of the Be A Detective #6 The Missing Money Mystery book.  Here's a list of all the books that have been written together by Franklin W. Dixon and Carolyn Keene

Be A Detective Mystery Stories (1984-1985)
#1 The Secret of The Knight's Sword
#2 Danger On Ice
#3 The Feathered Serpent
#4 Secret Cargo
#5 The Alaskan Mystery
#6 The Missing Money Mystery
#7 Jungle Of Evil
#8 Ticket To Intrigue
(#7 & 8 were never published, although they would've been written by both authors)

Nancy Drew And The Hardy Boys SuperSleuths 1 (1981)
Nancy Drew And The Hardy Boys SuperSleuths 2 (1984)
Nancy Drew And The Hardy Boys Campfire Stories (1984)

plus

Nancy Drew Girl Detective and The Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers Super Mystery #1: Terror On Tour (June 2007)

I already have a lot of those books and I'm waiting for the mail for the rest! The only two I'm missing is The Alaskan Mystery and Campfire Stories :)

I'm thinking about getting the 1984 HB Ghost Stories too.

Centrion

Yeah, Ghost Stories was pretty good. There was a couple different editions of it.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

tomswift2002

Ghost Stories is still in print. :o  Surprisingly it is the only mid-1980's Hardy Boys book that is still going strong.  Probably the most rarest edition of the book, is the Minstrel imprint of the scarecrow cover that is out now.  The Minstrel version was only out for about 6 months before the book went back to the printers and was reissued under the Aladdin imprint.  The Minstrel version appeared around October/November 2001, and the Aladdin version was in stores by April 2002.

Centrion

Really! Wow, that's I good tip. I never even new about the Scarecrow Edition. It sounds like it might be one of the rarest Hardy Boys book, excluding the Originals with DJs.
-Frank
-Joe

tomswift2002

The scarecrow edition is still out, however, it is the Minstrel edition of the Scarecrow edition that is rare. 

Ghost Stories has had 5 different covers:

1984 - Wanderer cover, boys meet Lord MacElphin on the stairs (from story The Haunted Castle)

July 1987 - Minstrel cover, boys open chest, spirits flying around

1996-2001 - Unsure year, Minstrel cover, boys being chased by hands and laughing scarecrow head

October/November 2001 - Minstrel cover, Scarecrow in field with barn being struck by lightning

May 2002 - Aladdin cover, Scarecrow in field with barn being struck by lightning

Olivia

So even if the covers change, does the content?

tomswift2002

No, its the same stories, just different covers, except that the Wanderer edition, I believe, had one interior picture per story that were later removed, just like what happened to the Digests 59-85 when Minstrel took over, all interior illustrations were removed.

Sam Spade

Hmmm, I don't know why they would want to take the interior illustrations out of 'em...
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

Centrion

Yeah, with different covers they probabally hope to catch people's eyes.
-Frank
-Joe