UB Cave Trap

Started by The#1Hardy-BoysFan, June 27, 2007, 06:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfootman

Quote from: Santa Claus on August 30, 2008, 08:15:00 AM
Cave Trap originally appeared in September 1996 as Casefiles #115.  The majority of fans of the Casefiles consider it to be the #1 Worst Casefile of the series.

So, originally, Cave Trap was a Casefiles, but it was reprinted in the Undercover Brothers series in England.

I'm probily the only person in the world that found it to be a good book, unlike Stink Jock, and Mission: Bordom.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

003Robin457

Okay I looked it up and the Hybrids are not changed at all from their casefiles format. (Or at least as far as I could tell.) Ie. there is no Frank/Joe chapters. Maybey they chose these cirtin books because they don't mention Iola getting blown up and can be put in the UB universe. I havn't read any of the books made into hybrids so I can't tell you If this is true. :-\

tomswift2002

Quote from: 003Robin457 on December 14, 2008, 09:49:04 AM
Okay I looked it up and the Hybrids are not changed at all from their casefiles format. (Or at least as far as I could tell.) Ie. there is no Frank/Joe chapters. Maybey they chose these cirtin books because they don't mention Iola getting blown up and can be put in the UB universe. I havn't read any of the books made into hybrids so I can't tell you If this is true. :-\

I have talked to a few people from Britain on a couple of other Hardy Boys fan forums, and no one is certain as to why those books were chosen, since Vanessa features heavily in Toxic Revenge, which was #83 in the Casefiles series, plus in Choke Hold  and Darkness Falls I believe contain brief mentions about Iola getting blown up.  Now then, whether they mention Iola by name or just say "Joe's girlfriend was blown up in a case...
I'm not certain of the exact wording, but the books usually contained a mention somewhere of Iola's death.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Bigfootman

I don't think cave trap mentioned Ioa blowing up

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?