UB Cave Trap

Started by The#1Hardy-BoysFan, June 27, 2007, 06:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

I fond this on the UK S&S website, http://www.simonsays.com/content/book.cfm?tab=65&pid=581488
Does any body now if this is a reprint Cave Trap or is it UB book that stole a CF name, like Blown Away and Foul Play.  >:(

Lola

I think it is an reprint of the Casefiles Cave Trap. On anothe HB message someone mentioned that several UK UB books were reprinted Casefiles. :-\

tomswift2002

In the UK, for some unknown reason, the British arm of S&S reprinted a couple of Casefiles.  Here's the address of a website that lists the British editions (http://www.hardyboys-uk.com/undercover.html).  Why S&S UK decided to reprint Cave Trap is unknown, considering that it is one of the worst Casefiles that was ever written.  And, if you look at the covers to the British Undercover Brothers, you'll notice that there are no numbers, and when I asked someone a few months ago what order the Casefiles novels go in, the person had no idea, as the list for the series displays.  It appears that S&S UK is leaving the order up to the reader to decide.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Centrion

Yeah, of all the books why Cave Trap? Meybe it's like how Grosset and Dunlap reprinted digest 59-66.
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

tomswift2002

Well, Grosset & Dunlap's reprints were logical.  From 1927-1979 G&D had printed #1-58 plus the Detective handbook, and then had lost the rights to print #59 onwards (if you find a first printing of Sting Of The Scorpion, the book contains a plug for Night Of The Werewolf as the next volume, but that was later edited out of proceding volumes).  So G&D's reprints of #59 to #66 are logical in that they are printing the books in the order that they were issued.  Just imagine if G&D had, instead of printing 59-66 in order had decided to print 78-85, or some other set of numbers, or G&D had just decided to pick books at random, keep the same number, but issue say #59, #61, #69, #73, #79, #84, #85 and #100.  People would've been wondering why G&D had picked those numbers or possible other numbers.  As far as Cave Trap goes, as I said, no one know for why S&S UK reprinted that horrible book as an Undercover Brother book, except for those at S&S UK and S&S America.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Bigfootman

Quote from: Centrion on September 25, 2007, 08:04:28 PM
Yeah, of all the books why Cave Trap? Meybe it's like how Grosset and Dunlap reprinted digest 59-66.
Because Cave Trap one of the only Caefiles as sucky as the UBs, and they didn't want the Casefile reprints to be better then Undercover Brothers.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

Olivia

Quote from: Bigfootman on July 20, 2008, 09:55:28 AM
Because Cave Trap one of the only Caefiles as sucky as the UBs, and they didn't want the Casefile reprints to be better then Undercover Brothers.

That's a good way of putting it 8)

Bigfootman

Strangly enough they didn't reprint Mission Myhem, altough the title decribes the Undercover Brothers so well.   ::)

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

tomswift2002

And yet, before they were cancelled, S&S UK was going to reprint Casefiles #16 Line Of Fire and #67 Lehtal Cargo, one book that is a stand alone and also a part 2 of a 3 part story and two books that are better than the UB series together.

SDLagent

I don't think ''Line of Fire'' being part two in a three part storyline, would be a problem, since most fans don't even know about the Bayport Corruption Storyline.

tomswift2002

But the text of Line Of Fire does specifically mention See No Evil as being the downfall of the Bayport political offices, and the rest of Line of Fire mentions how the more political officers in Bayport were part of the scandal.  So it would've been weird seeing at least a scond part of the story reprinted as part of a new series, but the first part was still in the old series.

bozonessinc

I dont think Cave Trap is a ub, the ub's always show the ATAC Mission in there description.

SDLagent

It was't orginally a UB, but was first published as a Casefile. But recently the Uk branch of S&S republished four seemingly random Casefiles and packaged them as "Undercover Brothers".

tomswift2002

Quote from: bozonessinc on August 29, 2008, 11:09:50 AM
I dont think Cave Trap is a ub, the ub's always show the ATAC Mission in there description.

Cave Trap originally appeared in September 1996 as Casefiles #115.  The majority of fans of the Casefiles consider it to be the #1 Worst Casefile of the series.

So, originally, Cave Trap was a Casefiles, but it was reprinted in the Undercover Brothers series in England.

bozonessinc

I was guessing by what I saw on the website not in the book!