How old are they?

Started by The#1Hardy-BoysFan, June 25, 2007, 05:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q

Quote from: Goddess on November 05, 2008, 06:57:49 PM
Q, you and I seem to have the same conversation over and over "winks as a joke" (notice how I did that? lol)

1. Maybe you like the UBs because you're too young! See? That goes both ways. But come on, we prefer what we prefer and that's that :)

2. Looking at their personalities and not liking them does not mean we compare them to previous books. Sure, sometimes we do, but like I said, I didn't have much to compare it to myself. I could totally hate Frank because I think he's a really dumb nerd or something just on the basis of UBs alone, as an example. (Sorry, Frank).

3. That part of my answer I am allowed to "compare" because I was talking about "comparing" in that last section. And it's okay to compare HBs books if we want to in certain cases. And the UBs comparison thing was sort of in response to bozonessinc, because he mentioned comparing the books within the same series.

Finally, we can list things we don't like about a series without comparing it to another one. For example, the continuity within the UBs alone isn't that great.

I said I think I know what you're getting at, but there are other circumstances that you have to consider, and readers who are different from one another in their experience.
I was reading your post and I accidentally read your signature....
You want me to say I hate you?  ;)

bozonessinc

Quote from: Santa Claus on November 09, 2008, 03:32:25 PM
I consider the UB's to be the worst series of all-time.

Best series of all-time? I would probably have to go with the original series.  The Grosset & Dunlap editions that are in print now have been in print since 1959, plus the original texts of the first 16 books reappeared on the market starting in 1991 and continued till 2006, 32-38 years after the texts of the books were discontinued. Plus 8 more books were added to the series in 2005, 26 years after the 58th book was first published by Grosset & Dunlap.

After the Original series, it would have to be the earlier Digests (1979-1985), followed by the Casefiles, Hardy Boys/Tom Swift Ultra Thrillers, Nancy Drew/Hardy boys SuperMystery'88, The Clues Brothers, HBUB Super Mystery,NDHBSuper Mystery'07, UB.
I had thought that you were a UB fan!!!

tomswift2002

Quote from: bozonessinc on November 11, 2008, 02:27:26 PM

Whatever made you think that?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

Quote from: bozonessinc on November 08, 2008, 08:55:18 PM
So what do you people think is better? Casefiles, UB's, Digests?

This is totally off-topic, plus it has been discussed tons of times on the forum in other places, lets not get into it here.

Quote from: bozonessinc on November 11, 2008, 02:27:26 PM

Okay, I am know convinced that you are crazy. Sorry.

Sam Spade

Quote from: SDLagent on November 11, 2008, 06:35:21 PM
Okay, I am know convinced that you are crazy. Sorry.

That makes two of us...except I'm not sorry. :D
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

SDLagent

Well, to tell the truth, I'm not either.

Olivia

Quote from: Q on November 11, 2008, 09:02:40 AM
I was reading your post and I accidentally read your signature....
You want me to say I hate you?  ;)

After all of that, that's your reply? J/K!

It'd be pretty pathetic if you did hate me just because of a difference of opinion ::) ;)

Q

Well am I supposed to say. An equally long reply so you can reply with an even longer one?

Sam Spade

Quote from: Q on November 13, 2008, 08:53:39 AM
Well am I supposed to say. An equally long reply so you can reply with an even longer one?

Give it a try there, hoss. ;)
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

bozonessinc

Ok, Umm... I just came on to see that post and I don't know where that came from. I don't know why I posted that. I must have been not thinking.

Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Olivia

Quote from: Q on November 13, 2008, 08:53:39 AM

Yeah, I know. I'm actually glad that we're leaving well enough alone.