How old are they?

Started by The#1Hardy-BoysFan, June 25, 2007, 05:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: Mirage on September 19, 2007, 02:26:08 PM
I know UB Frank is 17.
Actually, Frank is 18 and it says Joe is a year younger than FRank so that makes him 17. In operation survival it mentions that Joe had a Birthday so I guess he was either 16 in books 1-9 or they are just ageless. I think they are ageless........ ??? :)
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

SDLagent

It never says their ages in any Undercover Brothers books.

JoeHardyRocks

I think it does.? Try google-ing it, maybe... ???
"Thank you, Joe."

FrankJoeATAC

I've read that they are 16(F) and 15(J) in the Classics, but are now 18(F) and 17(J) in the UB books.

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: FrankJoeATAC on July 20, 2008, 11:05:07 AM
I've read that they are 16(F) and 15(J) in the Classics, but are now 18(F) and 17(J) in the UB books.

I knew it !
"Thank you, Joe."

SDLagent

Actually it has never (N-E-V-E-R), said in any UB books how old Frank and Joe are. In the Casefiles, Digests, and revised originals, they are 18 and 17, so most fans assume they could be that age, but I repeat, never has their age been mentioned in any UB book.

Sam Spade

Okay, for your consideration, in Deprivation House, the host of the show, (Victoria, I think?) says that they can't film the contestants constantly because they are all miners, meaning they are all under the age of eighteen, (am I right?) yet, Frank and Joe can drive their motorcycles cross country without an adult with them, but I believe that, according to New Jersey law (which, according to UB #18 Pushed, that is where Bayport is.) you can drive freely with no adult present, at eighteen. So, if that's true, that would mean that, (if Joe is still one year younger then Frank in the UB series) Frank isn't actually a minor after all, which would mean that the continuity of Deprivation House is messed up! Hmmm... :-\

Here's a link to a State of New Jersey FAQ in case I read it wrong! :)
http://www.state.nj.us/faqs/driving.html
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

SDLagent

You can't drive a car with out a older person, where I live but it's different with motorbikes - you can go in at 16 and get a learners permit, and within a few months you can have your motorbike full licence. So maybe it's the same in New Jersey? (BTW, I didn't read the link  ::)) But, I bet, like you said, Sam, this yet another continuity problem!

Sam Spade

Hmm...
I'm not completely sure if the site is also referring to motorbikes or not...this is what it says:

QuoteWhat is the driving age in NJ?

In 2001, New Jersey joined 23 other states and several Canadian provinces in implementing a multi-stage driver licensing system.

The new system introduces driving privileges gradually to first-time drivers and applicants under 21 years, extends their practice driving time, and raises the unrestricted basic driver license age from 17 to 18 years.
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

NZone

In Nebraska, the laws are the same. When you turn 16, you can get your POP (Provisional Operators Permit) when you turn 16. This allows you to drive alone, without an adult from the hours of 6 am to midnight. You cannot drive without a licensed adult from midnight to 6 am unless it is for school or work. There are also other restrictions such as how many passengers you can carry and no cell phone use. Your full license removes these restrictions. If you get your full license before you turn 18,  you must have had your POP for at least a year. All of these laws apply to cars and motorcycles. If you also drive a motorcycle, you must go through a special course for them to put "licensed for motorcycle use" on your POP or license.
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

JoeHardyRocks

So Frank Shouldn't be able to go on 'Deprivation House'?
"Thank you, Joe."

NZone

no i think its plausible frank is 17 and Joe 16
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

JoeHardyRocks

I always thought they were 18 and 17........
"Thank you, Joe."

SDLagent

Like I said before they are 18 and 17 in the revised originals, Casefiles, Digests, and other spin-offs, but it never says that in the Undercover Brothers!

Olivia

I'm just going to stick to 17 and 16 for now, like I said in my other post. It seems to fit more for the HB:UB.