Murder House

Started by Lola, September 25, 2008, 09:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lola

I recieved the third installment of the Murder House trilogy today. I thought it was pretty good although I felt like two different ghostwriters wrote this. There were some chapters where Frank and Joe behaved like caring brothers worrying about each other, especially Joe with Frank and his crush on Brynn. Then there were times that they acted like totally idiots, especially Joe! There was a lot of action happening and I thought the story was fairly fast paced. I was almost done with the book before I got an inkling of who I thought was the guilty party.

I liked how the writer wrote Frank. Frank's angst with liking some of the contestants and feeling bad that he can't be himself with them.

All in all a good read.

Olivia

I'm still in the middle of House Arrest, so it'll be a while before I get into that one. I understand the weird jumps though with the Brynn thing.

tomswift2002

Quote from: Perfection on September 26, 2008, 11:52:18 AM
I'm still in the middle of House Arrest, so it'll be a while before I get into that one. I understand the weird jumps though with the Brynn thing.

If you look at the spoiler board, you can see what I posted about the book.  Basically, don't bother to read it, and Simon & Schuster's claims about this being a trilogy are a bunch of false advertising lies.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Olivia

I sometimes have the urge to finish what I start (unfortunately). Although I don't do that for everything...

003Robin457

Wait Amazon said that it comes out 09/30 how do you have it? :-\

tomswift2002

Quote from: 003Robin457 on September 27, 2008, 07:38:28 AM
Wait Amazon said that it comes out 09/30 how do you have it? :-\

That's based on the release information provided by Simon & Schuster, but since the books are mass market paperbacks there is really no set date.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

003Robin457

I'm hitting B&N tommorw!!!! ;D ;D

Bigfootman

I stop reading after the first chapter of the first book, the only book I will never finnish, besides the hunted fort.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

003Robin457

You didn't finish The Haunted Frot wasent that suspost to be really good?

SDLagent

No, The Haunted Fort is supposed to be really bad.

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on September 29, 2008, 11:31:26 PM
No, The Haunted Fort is supposed to be really bad.

But not as bad as the Original Text of The Disappearing Floor and the unanswered question of who is Harry Tanwick?

Also with Murder House, the book, I just noticed that $&$ put the volume number back on the spine of the book, but at the bottom in a reddish-orange box with black numbers.  Sor of reminds me of the way Papercutz has done the numbering on the Graphic Novels.  But the volume number does not appear anywhere on the front cover.

And I noticed that on the title list inside the book all three Murder Housebooks are listed seperately, with #22, #23 and #24 appearing before the title, yet no mention is made of the Murder House Trilogy title.  I checked the Casefiles to see if the Operation Phoenix and Ring Of Evil Trilogies ever had #64 Operation: Phoenix #1: Endangered Species written out, but the Casefiles just listed the books title.  But in the Undercover Brothers series, considering that the title list says Super Mystery #1 Wanted and Special Ghost Stories Edition: Haunted, I'm surprised that $&$ didn't put Murder House #1: Deprivation House.  So I think the title list indicates that the books were suppose to be stand-alone titles.

bozonessinc

Check out my very long review.

SDLagent

I just read ''Murder House''...

First off, what part of TRILOGY does S&S not understand? Like the first two books this is in no way connected to the rest of the books, and as the final part, does nothing to tie the books together.

Having said that I'll say this was the best of the three, and if it wasn't supposed to be the climax of a trilogy would be an okay UB. As the "final book of a trilogy" it doesn't do much for me though.

Again, there was to much talking and not enough action. At one point of the book I was down right bored. The only fight in the game (George vs. James vs. Joe) was pretty lame since it lasted seconds. I thought they could have kept that going longer.

The only reason I bothered with this book was to find out what happened with the Brynn storyline. Actually that storyline is really the only one that connects the three books, and was the only one I enjoyed. Sad ending but pretty good. Also, we find out Brynn is 15. Frank falling for a 15 year old? Huh? Like I said I enjoyed this sub-plot but since, in the UB world, she will just be forgotten and never mentioned again, seems kind of pointless.

bozonessinc

Quote from: Bigfootman on September 28, 2008, 06:14:24 PM
I stop reading after the first chapter of the first book, the only book I will never finnish, besides the hunted fort.

While, I usually get into the book after the first chapter, and have to convince myself to read on!

Olivia

Besides the whole screaming-every-other-chapter-thing (okay, I don't know if it happened in this one but it happened SO much by now) and some of the bloodshed (or poisoning or whatever random things that happen) I'm going to have to say the same thing that I said in the other thread about Haunted - the plot could have been better, but it isn't that bad. Whoever wrote it helped salvage it with OK detail and flow. Definitely better than the first two in the trilogy as SDL said.