Cool finds from The Hardy Boys cartoon and '70s show

Started by MacGyver, February 05, 2010, 12:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

And here's a 10 second ad on ABC for the "Death Surf" episode of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

I ran across this on MSN's page the other day- it's a gallery of TV characters from the 1970s. And I was so pleased to see that they included Parker Stevenson and Shaun Cassidy as Frank and Joe Hardy on The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries. (Would have been nice to see Pamela Sue Martin get included as Nancy Drew too, but it was great just to see the show get a mention.) :) 8)
(The Hardys are on slide 7, by the way.)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

Here's a 1978 ad and a 1979 version with Janet Louise Johnson, the second actress to portray Nancy Drew on The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries. :) 8)

I also ran across a 1988 Dodge commercial starring her.

MacGyver

Back when networks used to do cool things like this- here's a quick pre-emption notice from ABC for The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries with Shaun Cassidy and Parker Stevenson on hand to remind viewers to tune in next time and be mystified! :) 8)

MacGyver

Here's a promo for the "Sole Survivor" episode of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries and here's one for the "Dangerous Waters" episode, when the show was just known as The Hardy Boys, in that third season.
Always cool to see these promo ads. :) 8)

MacGyver

Wow! Just saw this on Youtube today from The Hardy Boys cartoon series! :) 8)

MacGyver

Here are some cool photos of a fan meeting Parker Stevenson at a convention- along with Stevenson holding a framed picture of the Wanderer cover art for The Mummy Case. Pretty cool! :) 8)

MacGyver

An interesting find came up on Google Image Search.... apparently yet another TV promotion for The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries- a Hardy Boys playing card to go with that Hardy Boys poker chip. ;D

MacGyver

I found this short video on Youtube wherein a fan describes some of the contents of The Hardy Boys: The Secret of Thunder Mountain board game, based on the '70s show. Enjoy! :) 8)

MacGyver

I just ran across this ad for the premiere of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries from The Chicago Tribune TV Week, from the date of  January 30-February 5, 1977. Pretty cool! :) 8) It looks like they modified the cover of Mystery of the Whale Tattoo to create the book cover in the ad too, with the outline of standard books in the background. It's also interesting how The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew portions of the show were marketed as two separate shows, yet the opening (at least in Season 1) showed all three of them and credited all three like it's one show. (And it is.) That aspect of it I always find a bit confusing. But I suppose it makes sense too.

MacGyver

Here's the script for "The Lady on Thursday at Ten" episode of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries (the last solo Nancy Drew episode) on Amazon.com
:) 8)

tomswift2002

I just recently picked up on 16mm film an ad for TV GUIDE from November 1977 with a cover featuring Shaun Cassidy. 
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

MacGyver

Not sure if I've posted this before, but I just ran across this on Youtube. Someone posted a segment from VH1's I Love the '70s Volume 2 series. This is the 1977 episode, wherein, (among many other things), commentators briefly review The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries, but they only focus on the Nancy Drew episodes, with no mention of The Hardy Boys, unfortunately. (They may have covered them in the previous series though- I'm not sure.) Thankfully, they all very positive things to say about the show. :) 8)

MacGyver

Here's a TV Guide ad for "The Mystery of Witches' Hollow" episode of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries.
:) 8)