The Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers: The New Case Files

Started by tomswift2002, February 18, 2010, 06:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

I'm almost 100% sure these stories will be take place in the Undercover Brother continuity. Maybe (and hopefully) a ATAC-less one, though.

hardygirl847

Too bad there isn't more info out there to appease us until October.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

The plot summary has been reveled on Amazon.com!

QuoteFrank and Joe go undercover as the Living Dead to infiltrate a "Zombie Crawl" that has acquired a notorious reputation ? a teenager in zombie makeup appears to "accidentally" die in the last Zombie Crawl through Bayport. Will the Undercover Brothers and Agents of A.T.A.C. discover what's really going on in Zombieland or become the next accidental victims? As if this weren't enough ? there's something dark and sinister happening while everyone's distracted by zombie madness! Could this possibly be linked to the eerie events also occurring in River Heights, home of Nancy Drew? This story sets up one of the most unexpected events in Hardy Boys history ? but that's the shocking story that awaits in THE HARDY BOYS: THE NEW CASE FILES Graphic Novel #2!

So, like I suspected, the events of this series will take place in the Undercover Brothers continuity. Despite this, it sounds like writer change wont be the only difference between this series and the Graphic Novel series. For one thing, it sounds like this series will be in something like a mini series format, and, for another, it sounds like this series will take place in more of a shared universe with Nancy Drew, and, no doubt, will lead to a crossover series.

Also, I'm wondering what "one of the most unexpected events in Hardy Boys history" is going to be. Could be big, or, could be just marketing. Most plot summaries do tend to say that this story is our heroes most exciting adventure, yet, or something along those lines.

SkyWarp

I wonder if this is a stand-alone mini-series or if this is taking the place of the current series. 

SDLagent

Same here. Here's the plot for the Nancy Drew title:

QuoteVampire-mania has gripped River Heights, with teenage girls going wild over the new ?DieLite? novels and movies. But what happens when a supposedly ?real? handsome young vampire arrives on the scene? Will Nancy expose him as a fraud -- or fall under his dark spell? As if that wasn't enough -- there's something dark and sinister happening while everyone's distracted by the vampire madness. Could this possibly be linked to what's happening in Bayport, home of the Hardy Boys? Spoiler warning: there are no vampires, blood or gore in this graphic novel.

hardygirl847

Interesting! Found this on Amazon...

Frank and Joe go undercover as the Living Dead to infiltrate a ?Zombie Crawl? that has acquired a notorious reputation ? a teenager in zombie makeup appears to ?accidentally? die in the last Zombie Crawl through Bayport. Will the Undercover Brothers and Agents of A.T.A.C. discover what?s really going on in Zombieland or become the next accidental victims? As if this weren?t enough ? there?s something dark and sinister happening while everyone?s distracted by zombie madness! Could this possibly be linked to the eerie events also occurring in River Heights, home of Nancy Drew? This story sets up one of the most unexpected events in Hardy Boys history ? but that?s the shocking story that awaits in THE HARDY BOYS: THE NEW CASE FILES Graphic Novel #2!

hardygirl847

OOPS! Should have read more of the posts before! Sorry!!

How do you feel about the ATAC being a part of this New Case Files? And it is interesting that they are already crossing over with Nancy Drew...

SDLagent

Quote from: hardygirl847 on March 22, 2010, 09:42:45 PM
And it is interesting that they are already crossing over with Nancy Drew...

Yes, it is. And it's also interesting how they're doing it - having each series mention the other, rather then have a crossover series. Anyway,I've been hoping for a Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys graphic novel crossover for awhile.

MacGyver

Well, certainly sounds pretty interesting- they're obviously playing up the current "Twilight" interest and that's cool- it will be nice to have The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew meet up on the comics page- that will be a first, I do believe. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

I just hope they do it right and it lives up to our expectations.... :)

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on March 23, 2010, 01:04:56 AM
Yes, it is. And it's also interesting how they're doing it - having each series mention the other, rather then have a crossover series. Anyway,I've been hoping for a Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys graphic novel crossover for awhile.

Maybe Papercutz will do a story-arc across 3 or 4 books and then print a book where the Hardys and Nancy team up to bring the arc to a conclusion. 

Of course, if it is a story arc, then hopefully Papercutz will have the criminal goings on connected to each other and not just be like the way the trilogies have been going where each book has one criminal who is not even connected to the other two criminals aside from being in the same area.

Of course, hopefully ATAC will be less controlling of the boys in this new series and ATAC will become similar to the Network in which the Hardy's co-operated with the Network agents, and occassionally called on the Network for information.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

Quote from: tomswift2002 on March 24, 2010, 04:18:40 PM
Maybe Papercutz will do a story-arc across 3 or 4 books and then print a book where the Hardys and Nancy team up to bring the arc to a conclusion. 

Of course, if it is a story arc, then hopefully Papercutz will have the criminal goings on connected to each other and not just be like the way the trilogies have been going where each book has one criminal who is not even connected to the other two criminals aside from being in the same area.

That's pretty much what I was thinking; have two storylines that run along side each other for a few titles, and for the climax both storylines come together in the concluding title.

Quote from: tomswift2002 on March 24, 2010, 04:18:40 PMOf course, hopefully ATAC will be less controlling of the boys in this new series and ATAC will become similar to the Network in which the Hardy's co-operated with the Network agents, and occassionally called on the Network for information.

I doubt the Hardys' relationship with ATAC will change, unless Conway handles it differently then Lobdell. But considering Lobdell is a fan of non-ATAC stories and even he only managed a few non-ATAC stories, it doesn't seem likely.

hardygirl847

How long do we have to wait again to find out????

Til October you say??

UGH! Frustrating!

I hope I don't outcast myself for saying this but....I hope Nancy stays out of it. She can be mentioned or whatever but I'm not rooting for a crossover story arc or trilogy of her and the Hardys.

Sorry....

I will run away now!!!

MacGyver

Well, everyone's entitled to their own opinion of course. But for me, I like Nancy Drew just as well as The Hardy Boys (though I definitely read more of the Hardys) and I'd love to see them meet up in the pages of the graphic novels (especially since it would be unprecedented.) 8)
I don't know if it would be an ongoing appearance- I don't think that would probably happen- but I would like to see a crossover with Nancy Drew at some point. That would be great.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"