The Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers: The New Case Files

Started by tomswift2002, February 18, 2010, 06:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

I wasn't expecting ATAC to be gone from this new series, but book two's a status quo changer...does it also mean changes for ATAC?

On the copyright page there's a ATAC logo (cool idea?). That's a first. And apparently A.T.A.C. stands for American Teenagers  Against Crime. That's a first, too, and a mistake, I do believe.

hardygirl847

Spencer, did you get yours?

And I didn't think ATAC would be gone either ...but I think a few people were hoping they would be. As for the differences...hmm I wonder if they used this new Case files series to revamp ATAC...therefore changing it a little??

I wish I actually HAD the book to read it and know more...but sadly it's either on backorder or not coming out until Oct. 26th!  >:(  :'(
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

No, I didn't get my copy, yet.

And I think Frank and Joe's ''break-up'' might have something to do with ATAC. I could be wrong, though.

hardygirl847

That would be interesting if they used that storyline to leave the ATAC...or maybe Frank wants to stay but Joe doesn't. Hmm....
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Or maybe Frank and Callie break up and Joe steals his girl- lol
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

LOL They better not do that!!! HBs are not known for the overly romantic overtones or anything...so I hope it stays that way. Girlfriends or not...the books are full of adventure, fun, mystery, humor, and danger. Betrayal with girlfriends just seems too soap opera-ish or teen drama. I have a feeling you were just joking though.... :)

MacGyver

I was joking- and I hope that wouldn't seriously be a plotline- but if it was, it could be a side-plotline perhaps.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Good, that you were joking!! :) But yeah I guess it could be a sideline. Sounds more like a fanfic to me though than an original. Even in fanfic, I am not happy with Joe/Callie pairing. It just seems wrong and hurts Joe's character. But then again, it could be interesting. Maybe not for Break up, but for a story where Frank is gone for some time allowing Callie and Joe to have some time to fall in love. Maybe...still not sure I'd be all for that. Btw, when I read HBs as a kid, I always read Callie as "Collie" LOL I found out after reading A LOT of books that it was a long a sound...OOPS. Just a little side note.

(totally off subject, MacGyver...did you see MacGruber?)

MacGyver

I have not seen MacGruber and do not intend to. For one, I generally avoid R-rated movies in anycase (with very few exceptions- "The Passion of the Christ" being one.) And while I enjoyed some of the MacGruber sketches on Saturday Night Live (and it was funny seeing Richard Dean Anderson back in it as MacGyver)- in general the movie was a travesty and I can't say I care much for it. I was looking forward to that movie about as much as you've been looking forward to The Hardy Men movie.

SDLagent

Quote from: hardygirl847 on October 18, 2010, 01:47:54 PM
Good, that you were joking!! :) But yeah I guess it could be a sideline. Sounds more like a fanfic to me though than an original. Even in fanfic, I am not happy with Joe/Callie pairing. It just seems wrong and hurts Joe's character. But then again, it could be interesting. Maybe not for Break up, but for a story where Frank is gone for some time allowing Callie and Joe to have some time to fall in love. Maybe...still not sure I'd be all for that. Btw, when I read HBs as a kid, I always read Callie as "Collie" LOL I found out after reading A LOT of books that it was a long a sound...OOPS. Just a little side note.

I don't know. Joe and Callie seemed to be all over each other on some of the Casefiles covers.

MacGyver

Nightmare in Angel City and Flesh and Blood are coming to mind.

hardygirl847

Ok first...MacGyver, don't waste your time on watching MacGruber. You would be very upset...I can see how you would feel the same as I feel about Hardy Men. You're not missing anything but being mad..lol

In Nightmare in Angel City, they were running for their lives. Sure, Joe is going to help out his brother's girlfriend get to safety! :P

For those who don't know it offhand...

For Flesh and Blood, it does look bad... I will admit.

BUT that doesn't mean I would cheer Callie and Joe on. Frank has loved her since 1927. lol Well...not exactly, but you get what I mean. It's been a LONG time.

I write Callie and Joe being friends....almost brother/sister. So definitely no romance. Humorous and/or awkward situations...yes. :)

BACK TO THE NEW CASEFILES...MY COPY IS ON THE WAY TO THE STORE!! WAHOO! IT SHIPPED TODAY! :)

Sorry for yelling...I'm just SOOOOOOOO excited!

MacGyver

Ha ha- well, I was just kind of kidding- I don't think the writers or artists for that matter seriously tried to depict a relationship with Callie and Joe. Other than very much a sister and brother deal with the way they were typically bickering and teasing each other throughout the series.

hardygirl847

I know. :) Romance has never been a huge part. Joe flirts, yes...but they only give romance in small dosages. Iola and Callie are "friends" and "favorite dates" in the bluespines. :)

SDLagent

Quote from: hardygirl847 on October 21, 2010, 01:13:40 AMIola and Callie are "friends" and "favorite dates" in the bluespines. :)

They were lesbian in the bluespines?