QUOTES

Started by Kerin, July 05, 2007, 10:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

I found a website dedicated to Hardy Boys quotes...http://hardyquotes.webs.com/

This one cracked me up and now I have to find the book!

Daredevils  page 44-45  Hardy Boys Digest #159  ????

"You sure you're okay, Joe?" Frank asked as he reached out to steady his brother.

"Little wobbly, that's all," Joe replied.

"We'll order up a skull X ray, just to be safe," Mr. Hardy said, concerned.

"Well, we know that'll turn up empty."  Frank laughed.  He used his uninjured arm to help his brother into the back of the van.

"Ha, ha. Very funny," Joe mocked.

Frank climbed into the van and sat down next to his brother.  "Now we'll have proof that I got all the brains in the family."

Terrace climbed in behind Frank and Joe, being careful not to bump his injured shoulder.

"You two and all this brotherly love," Terrace said with a fake sniffle.  "It's enough to make me cry."

The three young men broke out in laughter.

"I'm telling you, Doc," Frank said as Joe was led away, "you're not going to find anything!"
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

hardygirl847

On the website I listed above there is this quote but I cannot find a Digest #118 or a book by this title. Help!  :-\

Danger In The 4th Dimension  page ??  Hardy Boys Digest #118  1993

"I don't know," Joe said.  He sat up and began to pull on his black canvas boots.  "But right now I want to forget about untangling all those suspects and continue searching for Dad."

Frank shook his head.  "No way, Joe.  You're supposed to be resting, remember?"

"I'm rested," Joe said impatiently.  "I feel fine now.  So let's pick one of the buildings Dad circled on the map and get over there, okay?"  He pulled the map out of his pocket and studied it intently.  "How about the Hall of Holograms?"

"Okay," Frank said reluctantly as he stood up from the bed.  "But if you start feeling dizzy, we're coming right back here.  Agreed?"

Joe glared at him.  "I really hate it when you play big brother, you know that?"

"Hey," Frank said with a grin as they left the room, "it's a tough job, but someone's got to do it."

"Oh, give me a break," Joe muttered, rolling his eyes.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on December 07, 2009, 02:20:40 AM
On the website I listed above there is this quote but I cannot find a Digest #118 or a book by this title. Help!  :-\

Danger In The 4th Dimension  page ??  Hardy Boys Digest #118  1993

I've only read Danger In The Fourth Dimension once---and that was over 12 years ago (the library got rid of the book a short time later and I haven't been able to find a copy since).  It was an interesting read from what I remember, although, it wasn't as good as Rock 'N' Roll Renegades or The Case Of The Cosmic Kidnapping

Here's the page on the book from the Hardy Boys Wikia.  Unfortunately it seems as though not a lot of people have read the book either since there is only a small amount of information on the page. http://hardyboys.wikia.com/wiki/Danger_in_the_Fourth_Dimension
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

hardygirl847

Well I guess after I read it I will have to add to the wiki article. I found it on Ebay! :)

MacGyver

I've got "Danger in the Fourth Dimension", but it's been a really long time since I had read it. From what I remember of it though, I enjoyed it. The science fiction theme park described in the book sounded really cool- although there isn't anything like that that I know of in SC or anywhere else in the USA. Maybe they were thinking along the lines of Universal Studios theme parks?
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on January 19, 2010, 03:40:09 PM
Maybe they were thinking along the lines of Universal Studios theme parks?

Possible.  Or maybe they were thinking of sort of a mixture between Disneyland, Universal and the Star Trek elements found in the Paramount Parks at the time.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca