Murder At the Mint

Started by Bigfootman, February 22, 2011, 07:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on March 03, 2011, 07:44:27 PM
The UK version may have slight spelling differences from the US version though. They may have what's called an "Anglicized" version of the book. (i.e. An "apartment" is called a "flat", a "truck" is called a "lorry", "tire" is spelt "tyre", etc.)

Lorry! LOL!  ::) ;D

MacGyver

That's what they call it in England. :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on March 03, 2011, 07:50:18 PM
That's what they call it in England. :)

All my UK education comes from shows made by -- you guessed it -- the BBC!  ;D 8)

MacGyver

Most of mine comes from growing up with BBC shows and experiencing its influence- and mainly from reading Enid Blyton books. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on March 03, 2011, 08:22:47 PM
Most of mine comes from growing up with BBC shows and experiencing its influence- and mainly from reading Enid Blyton books. :) 8)

Are you from the UK?  ???

MacGyver

No. But I've been around.

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: Hardy Boys UB Fan on March 03, 2011, 07:47:33 PM
Lorry! LOL!  ::) ;D

Trucks were called "lorries" in Thomas the Tank Engine;D
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

MacGyver

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on March 03, 2011, 08:37:03 PM
Trucks were called "lorries" in Thomas the Tank Engine;D

That's a kids show. I think it was made by the BBC!

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: Hardy Boys UB Fan on March 03, 2011, 08:38:56 PM
That's a kids show. I think it was made by the BBC!

I'm not sure who made it, but it's a good little kid show.  ;) :D

MacGyver

The book series is written by an Anglican minister Rev. W. Awdry and his son, Christopher. :)
He, the book series and the TV series are all British. 8)

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: MacGyver on March 03, 2011, 08:44:27 PM
The book series is written by an Anglican minister Rev. W. Awdry and his son, Christopher. :)
He, the book series and the TV series are all British. 8)

The British do make some good entertainment. Take Hornblower8)

MacGyver

AlwaysAJoefan

MacGyver

An absolutely hilarious British sitcom. :)