2011 Book Club Schedule Sign Up

Started by hardygirl847, November 14, 2010, 11:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeHardyRocks

"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Hardy Boys UB Fan

JoeHardyRocks

You could get it from like Amazon, I did, and it was a really good copy. :)
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on February 21, 2011, 05:38:00 PM
You could get it from like Amazon, I did, and it was a really good copy. :)

We'll see about that. I doubt it though. :(

tomswift2002

Quote from: Hardy Boys UB Fan on February 21, 2011, 05:02:06 PM
My library doesn't have it! :(

You could always ask them to get it in on inter-library loan from another library.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: tomswift2002 on February 21, 2011, 07:39:04 PM
You could always ask them to get it in on inter-library loan from another library.

Then I have to pay and I can't keep it. No thanks! ::)

tomswift2002

Quote from: Hardy Boys UB Fan on February 21, 2011, 07:45:06 PM
Then I have to pay and I can't keep it. No thanks! ::)

What do you mean you have to pay?   Last time I got book in on inter-library loan there was the option of paying a "rental fee" or not, and at least here in Ontario, none of the libraries ever charged a fee for a Hardy Boys or Tom Swift book.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: tomswift2002 on February 21, 2011, 07:47:47 PM
What do you mean you have to pay?   Last time I got book in on inter-library loan there was the option of paying a "rental fee" or not, and at least here in Ontario, none of the libraries ever charged a fee for a Hardy Boys or Tom Swift book.

I'm from the States. We have budget cuts here, and that, unfortunately, was one of them! ::) I'm not happy about it, but that's the way it is.

hardygirl847

It's a really great book to have. But you can always feed off what others say in the discussion. Sometimes it leads into interesting topics and not just the book itself.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: hardygirl847 on February 21, 2011, 08:36:28 PM
It's a really great book to have. But you can always feed off what others say in the discussion. Sometimes it leads into interesting topics and not just the book itself.

Okay. If I can't find it, then I'll just have to do that, then. :)

MacGyver

QuoteI'm from the States. We have budget cuts here, and that, unfortunately, was one of them!  I'm not happy about it, but that's the way it is.
Oh wow- that's interesting. I hadn't heard of that. I've done inter-library loans sometimes before and I don't think there was a fee involved. I think there may be fees for special cases where it's something rare or really valuable and tricky to get.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Tomswift is up next for April with Breakdown in Axeblade, Digest #94.

Look for the discussion thread around April 15th.

Also, if you don't have the book, that's okay. Many of our discussions lead into other areas that are not specifically about the book.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

I just read the book back around November and, as soon as I finish Paths Of Disharmony, I'm going to re-read it again, since it is such a great book.

MacGyver

Yay! Breakdown in Axeblade is one of my favorites of the Hardy Boys Digests series- I'm pretty sure I've read this one at least twice.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

All right! One that I own this time! ;D Yeah, I'll read it.