2012 Book Club Schedule

Started by tomswift2002, November 07, 2011, 06:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

May -  Dinosaur Dan High Survival (Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys SuperMystery '88)
June - trixy15 Top Ten ways to die(Hardy boys undercover Brother, #8
July - Olivia TBA
August - P. Walker - (Casefiles #2 Evil Inc.)
September - Mistletoe - Operation Phoenix #1 Endangered Species
October - MacGyver - Operation Phoenix #2 No Mercy
November - Katie - Operation Phoenix #3 The Phoenix Equation 
December - tomswift2002 Time Bomb,  A Hardy Boys and Tom Swift Ultra Thriller
[/quote]

So it looks like next month trixy15 is leading the discussion wtih Top Ten Ways To Die from the Undercover Brothers series.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: Tomswift2002 on May 28, 2012, 09:30:03 AM
May -  Dinosaur Dan High Survival (Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys SuperMystery '88)
June - trixy15 Top Ten ways to die(Hardy boys undercover Brother, #8
July - Olivia TBA
August - P. Walker - (Casefiles #2 Evil Inc.)
September - Mistletoe - Operation Phoenix #1 Endangered Species
October - MacGyver - Operation Phoenix #2 No Mercy
November - Katie - Operation Phoenix #3 The Phoenix Equation 
December - tomswift2002 Time Bomb,  A Hardy Boys and Tom Swift Ultra Thriller

So it looks like next month trixy15 is leading the discussion wtih Top Ten Ways To Die from the Undercover Brothers series.

Whose Mistletoe?

tomswift2002

Grabbed the wrong schedule.  Mistletoe was you Katie back in December.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: Tomswift2002 on May 28, 2012, 06:32:16 PM
Grabbed the wrong schedule.  Mistletoe was you Katie back in December.

Okay, thanks. :)

Olivia

Hey everyone. As I said in the "Totally Off-Topic Discussion" thread, I'm going to be away for a while on vacation.

Here are the titles I'm looking at for July. Discuss which ones work for you, and I'll see your responses when I get back. I'm open to suggestions as well :)

The Short Road Mystery (#6 Original)
The Great Airport Mystery (#9 Original)

Mystery Train (ND & HBs Supermystery '88)

MacGyver

Much as I love Mystery Train, we've already had some Supermystery titles on the schedule this year and no Original Series books yet, so I'd be inclined to go with one of those. The Great Airport Mystery would be a cool one to do. (I'm voting for this because I remember it a bit better, but I like The Shore Road Mystery too.)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

I'd recommend The Shore Road Mystery since I remember that the Revised text opened with the Hardy's either at the beach or heading to the beach.

MacGyver

Yeah- I definitely remember some kind of scene involving boating on the water- they help their friend Jack Dodd find a treasure and clear his father's name, if I remember correctly...
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Well, it looks like its trixy15's turn for Top Ten Ways To Die, book #8 from the Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers.

Olivia

Maybe The Shore Road Mystery since it's lower in number (#6), and perhaps whoever does an Original next time can do The Great Airport Mystery (#9)? The only way I could decide.

MacGyver

Fine with me. Of course, I'm good with either one. I think it depends sometimes on what people readily have available, but both those titles are pretty easy to get from your local public library generally.

tomswift2002

Happy Belated Canada Day to all our Canadian fans.  And in celebration of Canada Day it looks like Olivia has picked #6 The Shore Road Mystery, originally written in 1928 (and was the last issued book that year) by Canadian author Leslie McFarlane.  Edward Stratemeyer wrote the outline for McFarlane's text.  The original version is currently available from Applewood Books, having returned to print in 1996.  (Unfortunately, currently there are no legally authorized ebook editions of this text out, however the Revised text is available in ebook format from Grosset & Dunlap on multiple readers.). The Revised Text was outlined by Harriet Stratemeyer Adams, written by David Grambs and released in 1964.

tomswift2002

With tomorrow being August 1, that means that it is P.Walker's turn to lead the discussion on Casefiles #2 Evil, Inc..  Come to think of it, we just passed the 25th anniversary of the release of this book in Apil 1987.

tomswift2002

Hard too believe that the end of August is upon us.  That means that in a few days Katie will be leading the discussion for Operation:Phoenix#1: Endangered Species, #64 in the Casefiles.

tomswift2002

I was just thinking, but for the Phoenix stories, it might be a good idea if we only discuss what has gone on so far in the story per month.