The Hardy Boys Trivia Game!

Started by The#1Hardy-BoysFan, July 04, 2007, 02:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

hardygirl847

I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

hardygirl847

Save our sanity and tells us! MacGyver, if you know it, please put us out of our misery. :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Okay- I'm pretty sure the 1995 release is "Illegal Procedure". I'm not positive, but I'm thinking the 1987 release is "Dead on Target".
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

I hope you're right! I can't take the suspense any longer!

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on June 14, 2010, 12:22:50 PM
Okay- I'm pretty sure the 1995 release is "Illegal Procedure". I'm not positive, but I'm thinking the 1987 release is "Dead on Target".

You got it right.  Simon & Schuster was reprinting Digest titles at the time and someone mistakenly thought that Dead On Target (Casefiles #1, 1987) and Illegal Procedure (Casefiles #95, 1995) were Digest titles (S&S was reprinting some of the late 90's/early 2000's Minstrel titles in the "New" Aladdin format).  Both error printings were limited to 3000 copies each, with Dead On Target being declared "Out Of Print" by September 2004, while Illegal Procedure went out of print sometime after  May 2006, but before December 31, 2007.

Also Illegal Procedure's error printing is the 2nd printing for the title, so, aside from putting it next to another Casefile and seeing if it is taller, the only way that you can tell whether you have the regular Archway version or the 2002 error printing is to look on the copyright page and see what printing the copyright page says.  Otherwise all the ads are the same and the Publisher is listed as Archway paperbacks.

The Dead On Target 2002 error printing is easier to pick out, since it was actually published under Simon & Schuster's Simon Pulse imprint, so there is a different logo on the spine for the publishing company.  Plus the copyright page is laid out differently from the regular Archway's.  And the book is taller than the regular Casefiles.  Otherwise the ads are the same.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Ok- cool. I will have to think of a good question and post a bit later on... 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

MacGyver

Okay- this one should be pretty easy.

What nickname does Frank Hardy share with Sam Beckett (main character on Quantum Leap), Gary Hobson (main character on Early Edition), MacGyver (lead character on MacGyver ;)) and Superman? [Though it's to a lesser extent with MacGyver but it's literal in his case. All of these characters have been referred to as this at least once.]

SDLagent

MacGyver

hardygirl847

lol Boy Scout. :) In which book was he called that?

MacGyver

Frank actually quotes the Boy Scout motto ("Be prepared"- which incidentally, MacGyver quotes this as well in the 1st. Season episode "The Guantlet"- whereupon he also mentions that he himself was a Boy Scout as a kid. 8)) in The Hardy Boys Digests #160 "A Game Called Chaos". Joe then calls Frank "such a Boy Scout". :D

SDLagent

I think Frank (and Joe) have been called that on numerous occasions.

New question. What is the name of the Italian town Tony Prito's father was born in?