Dead on Arrival

Started by Hardy Boys UB Fan, January 27, 2011, 06:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boys UB Fan

What dd you think of the Super Mystery Dead on Arrival?

I loved it! Having the Hardys undercover as EMTs was so cool!  :) I think it was their first time in River Heights, too.

What's your take on the book?

MacGyver

I really like that this book had The Hardy Boys visiting Nancy Drew in River Heights. That's cool. I'm wondering if any of the other Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys Supermystery series had Nancy Drew visiting Frank and Joe Hardy in Bayport.
(However, I can't say much more on this book as I haven't quite read it yet. I plan to as soon as I get a chance though.)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Dead On Arrival had a quasi-sequel in Royal Revenge.  The two plots aren't connected, but Frank and Joe do talk to Chief McGinnis and mention the events of DOA in passing.

Otherwise, DOA was pretty good.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: tomswift2002 on January 27, 2011, 07:00:39 PM
Dead On Arrival had a quasi-sequel in Royal Revenge.  The two plots aren't connected, but Frank and Joe do talk to Chief McGinnis and mention the events of DOA in passing.

Otherwise, DOA was pretty good.

When do they mention DOA in passing?

tomswift2002

Quote from: Hardy Boys UB Fan on January 27, 2011, 07:33:58 PM

When do they mention DOA in passing?

It's been years since I've read Royal Revenge, but I remember that when Frank and Joe first meet up with Chief McGinnis, Frank says something along the lines of "Long time no see" and then the author mentions that the boys had been in River Heights on a previous case, without mentioning any details of the case.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Has anyone else on here read the book and what did you think of it?

hardygirl847

I sadly still need to read it. It certainly sounds interesting!
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: hardygirl847 on February 14, 2011, 05:05:00 PM
I sadly still need to read it. It certainly sounds interesting!

I really wished I owned it! :) I need it for the story that I'm basing this off of! The library had it and I think that they sold it! :( ::)

Hardy Boys UB Fan

I own Dead on Arrival now! I just got it from Amazon, today! I can't wait to read it. I've read it once before, but never got to finish it before the library sold it! >:( But it had became a favourite of mine. If any of you have read it, what are your thoughts on it? I loved it when I read it, and I now I own it!

MacGyver

Cool! I will read it eventually I'm sure- I am quite interested in Frank and Joe solving a mystery with Nancy Drew in River Heights. :D

Hardy Boys UB Fan

I'm open to discussion about the book! ;D 8)