Killer Mystery Trilogy Covers

Started by tomswift2002, July 04, 2009, 07:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Simonandschuster.com now has the covers for Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers #32 Private Killers and #33 Killer Connections.

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

tomswift2002

Of course, I don't know what's worst---the Photoshopped in actors, or that dog.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

SDLagent

Thanks for posting this.

The first one doesn't look bad, but the dog ruins everything. A poor Photoshop job.

Bigfootman

Is that a school in the backround? Is this going be like hazed?  :P

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

tomswift2002

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on July 05, 2009, 07:02:12 AM
Is that a school in the backround? Is this going be like hazed?  :P

It almost looked like a private school.

SDLagent

Yeah, it looks like this story will be taking place at a private school. Some of these names sounded promising...but not so much anymore.

HB@1718

Actually, it looks like a college to me. Wonder what's up with the dog? Did they get tired of Playback?

003Robin457

Quote from: tomswift2002 on July 05, 2009, 12:56:05 PM
It almost looked like a private school.
I was thinking  collage but Private school makes more sense. Private Killer.
Quote from: HB@1718 on July 05, 2009, 04:08:56 PM
Actually, it looks like a college to me. Wonder what's up with the dog? Did they get tired of Playback?
Either the dog is some key factor fo the mystery or S&S thought that a dog would boost sales if they added it to the "Hardy Team." If they do it right it could work. Wonder if he'll be in the GNs.

PS. Can't you just go to a real Private School and snap a pic? Why do you need Photoshop?

Olivia

I actually don?t think those are that bad (some of the other ones were worse IMO) but maybe I?m just used to that style by now. Plus I sort of like the New England-ish backdrop & the colours mesh well (especially the second one). I?m not saying they?re ?super? (at all) but whatev.

The dog, though - haha. The Littlest Hobo looks kind of different, but I got the theme song in my head.

003Robin457

They are some what good covers for the style, but the dog is just slaped in there. Why can't he interact with the Hardys? He could be by Joe in the second one. And why were on the second one, mabey its just me but Frank looks very fimilar. Look at Double Trouble.

tomswift2002

Quote from: 003Robin457 on July 05, 2009, 04:48:08 PM
They are some what good covers for the style, but the dog is just slaped in there. Why can't he interact with the Hardys? He could be by Joe in the second one. And why were on the second one, mabey its just me but Frank looks very fimilar. Look at Double Trouble.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing about 'Frank'.

003Robin457

I haven't seen the full sized pic but if that is the same picture then shame on S&S. Don't try to pull something over on fans of Dectective Books.

SDLagent

Quote from: Kismet on July 05, 2009, 04:38:23 PM
I actually don?t think those are that bad (some of the other ones were worse IMO) but maybe I?m just used to that style by now. Plus I sort of like the New England-ish backdrop & the colours mesh well (especially the second one). I?m not saying they?re ?super? (at all) but whatev.

The dog, though - haha. The Littlest Hobo looks kind of different, but I got the theme song in my head.

The cover design and layout is good...but the Photoshoping is FREAKING BAD!!!!!

003Robin457

The peoblem is this is an epic failure at using a "Style" for the covers.

JoeHardyRocks

Ew, that looks sooooo fake. And again: Do good looking guys cost any more to hire than the ugly ones? :P
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."