The boys in pop culture

Started by SDLagent, December 07, 2009, 11:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

I ran across this pretty cool Hardy Boys T-shirt online! (It's obviously a parody of the Hard Rock Cafe logo- nice job.) :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

Oh boy! Here come The Hardys! Oh boy! We're having a party!
:) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: MacGyver on August 14, 2012, 04:24:44 PM
Oh boy! Here come The Hardys! Oh boy! We're having a party!
:) 8)

Sweet! :D :D
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

MacGyver

Yeah, I would have been totally psyched to have that as the theme for my 10th. birthday... (hey, I'd be psyched to have it as the theme of my next birthday now! ;D 8))

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: MacGyver on August 14, 2012, 07:57:31 PM
Yeah, I would have been totally psyched to have that as the theme for my 10th. birthday... (hey, I'd be psyched to have as the theme of my next birthday now! ;D 8))

I think my parents and I need to discuss my next birthday plans. ;) ;D
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

MacGyver

Mork & Mindy episode "Dial N for Nelson" briefly references The Hardy Boys, when Mindy calls Mork and Nelson The Hardy Boys, as she says she's going to do something else while "you Hardy Boys" figure out who's threatening Nelson.

tomswift2002

I was just watching "The Big Decision" and they're showing two companies in Canada, one of which is called Hardy Buoys (and they pronounce it as Hardy Boys).  Their website is www.hardybuoys.com.  Plus, on the show, one of the people at the company has a shelf of pre-1987 Hardy Boys PC books.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

MacGyver

I've found yet another piece of artwork inspired by The Hardy Boys' covers- this one promoting a comedy duo's act.

MacGyver

And still another artwork inspired by The Hardy Boys' classic cover art design from Grossett & Dunlap- this one features the main characters from Disney's recent cartoon series, Gravity Falls (which, by the way, is pretty decent from what I've seen of it.)

Judah-Ben-Hur

In the 80s Disney Channel series "Welcome to Pooh Corner" the opening credit sequence shows the stuffed versions of the cast, behind one of them you can see an American picture cover edition of The Hardy Boys (Ironic considering that Christopher Robin is a English child living in the 1920s...)

I think someone has mentioned the Supernatural references.

I believe Veronica Mars gets asked where the Hardy Boys are during season 2 (for shame the series didn't last very long, It was a wonderful mix of Nancy Drew and Sam Spade). She did get called Nancy Drew a TON (though that's a different thread).
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.~ Joshua 1:9

MacGyver

QuoteIn the 80s Disney Channel series "Welcome to Pooh Corner" the opening credit sequence shows the stuffed versions of the cast, behind one of them you can see an American picture cover edition of The Hardy Boys (Ironic considering that Christopher Robin is a English child living in the 1920s...)
Awesome! I loved watching that series as a kid. That is definitely funny too because I don't think the British got any versions of The Hardy Boys books until much later. (This site can probably tell you for sure.) Maybe Christopher Robin's parents or relatives visited America and brought him back some Hardy Boys books. :D

Judah-Ben-Hur

If memory serves me correctly the Boys were introduced to British readers post war.

I'll have to see if I can find the title of the volume in the series opening.
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.~ Joshua 1:9

MacGyver

That would be cool- I imagine you can probably find the opening somewhere on Youtube...

Judah-Ben-Hur

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fYCnZB_X7M
Here it is, but it's too blurry to make out. You can see it behind Kanga , it's the last book on the shelf. Definitely a 70s-80s reprint by it's format.