The boys in pop culture

Started by SDLagent, December 07, 2009, 11:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Another Batman universe/Hardy Boys artwork mashup- and it's pretty awesome! :) 8)
(Here we have Robin, The Joker and Harley Quinn standing in for Joe and the tattoo artist villians, respectively, depicted on the cover of The Mystery of the Melted Coins [British Collins edition])

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

Of the three that I've seen of these kinds of mashup artwork homages- this is probably my favorite. (I know I posted this somewhere else before but I figured I'd just post it again to have the three that I found in one place.) But they're all great.
(Here were have Robin, Nightwing and The Joker standing in for Frank and Joe and the villian on the cover of While The Clock Ticked)

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

And here's Robin standing in for Joe and a ton of the Teen Titans standing in for the crowd at the fair on the cover of The Mystery of the Whale Tattoo [British Collins edition] (I really love the inclusion of so many of the Teen Titans in their classic '70s/'80s looks on this one. In case you're wondering who's who- here's a breakdown: Top corner from the '70s incarnations: Golden Eagle, Bumbleebee, Hawk & Dove, Flamebird, Mal Duncan, Aqualad, Speedy and Aquagirl.
Center: Wonder Girl, Starfire, Changeling, Cyborg, Raven and Kid Flash rushing in.) :) 8)

MacGyver

And for the Supernatural fans, Dean and Sam Winchester take on While The Clock Ticked :) 8)

Olivia

Someone actually called them the "Hardy Boys" in the S3 Christmas ep.

MacGyver

Here's an ultra-condensed version of the entire Hardy Boys series. ;D

Olivia

Quote from: MacGyver on March 14, 2012, 11:44:30 AM
Here's an ultra-condensed version of the entire Hardy Boys series. ;D

That's just accurate and funny. Especially how they put some words in CAPs, creating more emphasis.

Bigfootman

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

MacGyver

Nice job- from all I've heard, it seems like a pretty good summary. ;D

MacGyver

While The Clock Ticked must be a favorite Hardy Boys cover to parody- or maybe just a relatively easy one. I don't know. Anyway, I've found yet another one- this time starring some of the Gotham Girls. ;D (Black Canary and Batgirl standing in for Frank and Joe and Catwoman standing in for the villian, respectively.)

Here's the original sketch-

And here's the actual original cover of While The Clock Ticked-

MacGyver

Some pretty detailed Hardy Boys fanfiction here.

MacGyver

I found a Nancy Drew artwork parody by the same artist who did the Gotham Girls take on While the Clock Ticked.
Here's a take on the interior artwork from The Mystery at Lilac Inn.  (With Poison Ivy standing in for the villian and Batgirl standing in for Nancy Drew.)

MacGyver

Another Nancy Drew-inspired cover, this time mixing it up with the cast of Community

MacGyver

And yet another cover inspired by While The Clock Ticked, this time with a Marvel cast, featuring The X-Men. (With Dazzler and Psylocke filling in for Frank and Joe and Arcade as the villian, respectively.)

MacGyver

Found this online- can't remember if I've posted it before or not- but nice fan drawing reproducing The Hardy Boys cartoon show logo. :) :D
(It was posted on the Fan Art Central site in 2008, so it's fairly recent. I'm pretty surprised anyone is even familiar with the cartoon and enough of a fan to do drawings inspired by it. But cool nonetheless. 8))