Possible New Direction for Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers Series

Started by tomswift2002, December 05, 2008, 07:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Publisher's Weekly is reporting that Simon & Schuster has cut 35 jobs.  Some of these cuts include the head of Simon & Schuster's Children's Division, the VP of the Children's Division.

http://www.publishersweekly.com/article/CA6619516.html

Could this mean a different direction for the Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers series?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

whitetigers

Hopefully they wont quit all together! They are the only thing new being printed besides the Graphic novels, aren't they? And if so, would another publishing firm take over?
Whitetigers

003Robin457

SDLagent

Interesting news. Thanks for posting, Tom. I find this especially note worthy:

QuoteEarly in the day, S&S announced that the head of its children?s group, Rick Richter will leave the company at the end of the week. PW has since learned that Rubin Pfeffer, senior v-p and publisher of the children?s group is also departing. Pfeffer joined S&S in 2005. He had been senior v-p and chief creative officer at Pearson Education, and before that spent 26 years with Harcourt Brace Jovanovich.

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on December 06, 2008, 12:37:49 AM
Interesting news. Thanks for posting, Tom. I find this especially note worthy:

I know.  That Pfeffer joined around the time the Undercover Brothers debutted. 
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Olivia

FrankJoeATAC

I would hate it if HBs stopped all together! I really hope HBs can be written by another company or something like that.

Bigfootman

Maybe the hardy's are heading back to Archway paperbacks, and that could only mean one thing, continued casefiles! ;D

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

003Robin457

Or mabey they can share the rights and Casefiles and UBs can coexist. ;D

SDLagent

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on December 26, 2008, 06:24:22 AM
Maybe the hardy's are heading back to Archway paperbacks, and that could only mean one thing, continued casefiles! ;D

Archway Paperbacks was just an imprint of S&S.

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on December 26, 2008, 03:55:32 PM
Archway Paperbacks was just an imprint of S&S.

And Archway Paperbacks were printed by S&S's Pocket Books arm, and in 2000-2001 S&S consolidated all their children's publishing lines into their S&S Children's printing division.  So, right now, Archway Paperbacks is just like Wanderer Books, a dead and discontinued division at S&S.

Bigfootman

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

whitetigers

Geez, i hope not! :o Even the Undercover Brothers are better than nothing new at all.
Whitetigers

003Robin457

I think the HBs will be around in some form, but I hope they keep the GNs or have GNs for what ever comes next.