Hardy Boys Casefiles Encyclopedia Update #28

Started by SkyWarp, February 05, 2018, 06:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

The characters, places, and events of Hardy Boys Casefile #28, Countdown to Terror, have been entered into the Hardy Boys Encyclopedia.

SkyWarp

A few things that stood out to me in this book:

1) There were several landmarks, street names, and other things that were very detailed and reflect the real-life city of Halifax.  This author had to be extremely knowledgeable of the city of Halifax, down to the street names.  Mapquest as an online entity didn't really exist for another 7 years after this book was published, and Google's Street View came many years after that so research was most likely done first hand by the author.  Perhaps this author is from Halifax? 

2) We get an update on the status of Assassin Sandy White, including a new code name.  Sandy was captured in Casefile #26, Trouble in the Pipeline.

tomswift2002

As far as I can recall, this was the first time that the Hardy's visited Canada in the Casefiles Universe.  They would make a few more visits, including Quebec City in New Year's Evil.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

I haven't read this in a really long time but I recall it being a favourite as a kid. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

CalvinKnox

It has been a little while since I read this.  The portrayal of Canada was a lot more real feeling than most others in HB books, especially the original Twisted Claw