State of the Hardy Boys Encyclopedia

Started by SkyWarp, December 25, 2010, 01:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

As we near the end of 2010, we look back and see where we have come in the past year.  It was just over a year ago that the site went through a significant overhaul both in look and feel.  And since that time we have added many Casefiles Encyclopedia updates as well as updated many features across the site as a whole. 

But what makes modern technology even more exciting is that we can track just what exactly is popular and what is not.  Below are a few interesting tidbits taken from the sites web statistics based upon most visits to these sections or parts of the website.

Most Popular Books 2010

CASEFILES
Casefiles #1: Dead On Target
Casefiles #8: See No Evil
Casefiles #9: The Genius Thieves
Casefiles #23: Distaster for Hire
Casefiles #3: Cult of Crime

NANCY DREW AND HARDY BOYS SUPERMYSTERY
SuperMystery #1: Double Crossing
SuperMystery #36: Process of Elimination
SuperMystery #25: Secrets of the Nile
SuperMystery #3: Shock Waves
SuperMystery #5: The Last Resort

NANCY DREW AND THE HARDY BOYS SUPERMYSTERY
SuperMystery #4: Gold Medal Murder
SuperMystery #1: Terror on Tour
SuperMystery #3: Club Dread
SuperMystery #2: Danger Overseas

UNDERCOVER BROTHERS GRAPHIC NOVELS
Graphic Novel #1: The Ocean of Osyria
Graphic Novel #18: D.A.N.G.E.R. Spells the Hangman
Graphic Novel #19: Chaos at 30,000 feet!
Graphic Novel #15: Live Free, Die Hardy!
Graphic Novel #17: Word Up!

UNDERCOVER BROTHERS
UB #1: Extreme Danger
UB #34: The Children of the Lost
UB #5: Rocky Road
UB #4: Thrill Ride
UB #2: Running on Fumes

Most Popular Wallpapers 2010

CASEFILES (wallpapers found at the bottom of each casefile 1-11 page)
Casefile #1: Dead On Target
Casefile #7: Deathgame
Casefile #8: See No Evil
Casefile #9: The Genius Thieves
Casefile #2: Evil, Inc.

Most Popular Database Entries 2010

CASEFILES
Callie Shaw
Frank Hardy
Chet Morton
Iola Morton
Fenton Hardy
Joe Hardy
Al Rousasa
Assassins
Mr. Arthur Edward Gray
Tony Prito

UNDERCOVER BROTHERS
Frank Hardy
Joe Hardy
Vee Sharp
Playback
Q.T.
Gertrude Trudy
Mrs. Conrad
Fenton Hardy
ATACT (American Teens Against Crime)
Chet Morton

SkyWarp

I think the most interesting thing out of this mess of stats is that Callie Shaw is #1 in the Casefiles series and Joe Hardy is a little ways down the list. 

SDLagent

Yeah, that is interesting. Also, just looking at the most popular books after #1 is interesting. Wonder why those one's are popular...

MacGyver

And how much of those percentages correspond to popular topics among members on the forums and how much is just from random users visiting the site? Very nice though-and interesting to see which books were most popular.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Bigfootman

What books and articles are the least popular?

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

SkyWarp

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on December 29, 2010, 01:23:50 PM
What books and articles are the least popular?

That would be a very long list.  Once you get past the top 20 or so, they all fall statistically the same.  And with over 127 Casefiles books alone (not counting all encyclopedia entries) you really can't give hard scientific evidence to which ones are least popular.

hardygirl847

Poor Joe being low on the list... I have to think though that it has to partly to his familiarity. I can totally see more people looking up Callie because they're not sure which books she's in, or other things about her. We already know more about Frank and Joe.

Or I could be just grasping at straws on this one...
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SkyWarp

Quote from: hardygirl847 on January 03, 2011, 11:02:57 PM
I can totally see more people looking up Callie because they're not sure which books she's in, or other things about her. We already know more about Frank and Joe....

You may actually have a very good point there.  Impossible to know though as we can't read people's minds. 

hardygirl847

Quote from: SkyWarp on January 04, 2011, 07:58:55 PM
You may actually have a very good point there.  Impossible to know though as we can't read people's minds. 

Thanks SkyWarp. :) Yes, we can't read minds, that is true.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)