Ranks or Levels

Started by D.Hardy, July 03, 2007, 05:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.Hardy

I am new here. Duh. but i have made a bout 3 post. yah me. i dont really understand everything. like the levels and stuff anyone wanna explain :) by the way thanks for helping my with the whole Joe cussing Thing! 

"One Good Trip Deserves Another" -Joe Hardy(Shaun Cassidy) Witches Hollow

SkyWarp

Quote from: D.Hardy on July 03, 2007, 05:56:05 PM
i dont really understand everything. like the levels and stuff anyone wanna explain :)

The ranks/levels here are pretty simple. 

Everyone starts out as a "newbie."  There are no badges and certain privileges and boards are not accessible.  This is simply to help prevent spammers and trouble makers from causing problems. 

Once someone has contributed at least 5 posts they gain the rank of "Private Gumshoe."  One's priviledges are pretty much maxed out at this time.  A Private Gumshoe also gains their first stripe (badge).  The badges (or stripes as they start out as but later change to something different) are loosely based on the United States marine ranks (very loosely). 

As one continues to post they gain more stripes (or change badges).  For the most part, it becomes harder and harder to gain a new rank or level as one continues to go up through the ranks.  For instance, to go from Private Gumshoe to Patrolman, it takes 5 posts.  To go from Patrolman to Corporal, it takes 10 additional posts.  Eventually it takes hundreds and even thousands of posts to get promoted in the very upper levels. 

The actual name and number of posts to reach each rank are secretive.  One only finds out once someone has reached such a level.  So far no one has gone beyond the "stripe badges."  Of course moderators have special badges as can be seen by looking over to the left of my posts. 

D.Hardy

"One Good Trip Deserves Another" -Joe Hardy(Shaun Cassidy) Witches Hollow

White Eagle

Say, how many posts to Gunnery? ???
A man with wings can do anything, but a man with a rocket can do Everything!

SkyWarp

You can get a pretty good idea by looking over the Members list and see how many posts those around a particular position might have...
http://www.hardyboyscasefiles.com/forums/index.php?action=mlist;sort=posts;start=0

(Must be at least a patrolman to view the members list (10 posts))

White Eagle

Looks like tomswift is ahead of you now Skywarp
A man with wings can do anything, but a man with a rocket can do Everything!

SkyWarp

I would hope that everyone gets ahead of me sometime.  :) 

Centrion

But we'll always know it's you by the badge. :D
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

hardy boys fan

what is the highest rank in the forum
Hey!............. Ohhhhh

SkyWarp

Quote from: hardy boys fan on November 23, 2008, 06:41:10 PM
what is the highest rank in the forum

This is yet to be determined.  At this time, no one has reached the highest rank created.

Sam Spade

Holy heck! :o
Sweet badge, Trevor. (good job, SkyWarp.)
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

hardy boys fan

i thought skywarp had the highest rank
Hey!............. Ohhhhh

SkyWarp

Quote from: hardy boys fan on November 24, 2008, 07:33:51 AM
i thought skywarp had the highest rank

My rank is a special badge for being admin.  I by no means have the highest post rank though. 

003Robin457

Quote from: Sam Spade on November 24, 2008, 02:33:14 AM
Holy heck! :o
Sweet badge, Trevor. (good job, SkyWarp.)
I second that congrats to you bouth!
Quote from: SkyWarp on November 23, 2008, 11:51:25 PM
This is yet to be determined.  At this time, no one has reached the highest rank created.
Ahh the mystery that is the future!

4567TME

I always thought   Joint Chiefs of Staff was the highest rank.