Secret Files: General discussion and speculation

Started by SDLagent, July 03, 2009, 01:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

tomswift2002

Did anyone notice that they've got the same names written in Frank's notebook?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

tomswift2002

Of course, I think Simon & Schuster needs to think of better names for the baseball teams.  Bayport Bandits & Johnston Jupiters???  I realize that in Roman Mythology Jupiter is the god of the sky and thunder, or they might be making a play on the old Sailor Moon character of Sailor Jupiter, but to name the Bayport team the "Bandits", just because the Hardy's are most likely on it...
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: tomswift2002 on July 09, 2009, 09:08:07 AM
Did anyone notice that they've got the same names written in Frank's notebook?

Probably because he's writing them down.
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

4567TME

Quote from: 003Robin457 on July 08, 2009, 12:42:12 PM
Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Those covers are Awefull! I actually miss the UB trilogy covers!
A few coments:
1.Secret Files #4 Is Called the Great Esurence Disaster. ;)
2. The Hardys look Mexican.
3. I like MY covers better. (See Fan Art) I got Troble at the Arcade really close!
4. The Dog is Baaaaack! (See the Missing Mitt)
Not a very good series.

Quote from: 003Robin457 on July 08, 2009, 12:50:53 PM
Also in the official info it said "Eight year-old Frank and Joe Hardy." Are the hardys bouth 8? According to the UBs this can only be so for a mounth.
Then again, other books may suggest that they could be both the same age for longer stretches of time.

SDLagent

Quote from: 4567TME on December 29, 2009, 10:34:06 AM
Then again, other books may suggest that they could be both the same age for longer stretches of time.

Any less then a six mouth gap between their births would be stretching it.

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on December 30, 2009, 07:04:24 PM
Any less then a six mouth gap between their births would be stretching it.

I guess that would make sense, since I guess six months is the earliest that a doctor would allow a premature baby to be born.

hardygirl847

Regardless of all that, are you going to read them? (question is to anyone)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

I probably read the first few, just to see what they're like.

hardygirl847

Quote from: SDLagent on January 09, 2010, 06:18:15 PM
I probably read the first few, just to see what they're like.

Yeah I might too. Somehow I doubt we will be able to easily find them though... :( Borders and other bookstores near me have a very limited and shameful supply of Hardy Boys books.

Perhaps this series will encourage a younger audience to like them...The only down side is that they will have to wait awhile before reading the more action packed/adventure books.

Hmm...
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

Yeah, I never really saw the point in Hardy Boys for younger kids. All Hardy Boys books (except for maybe some in the Casefiles continuity) are suitable for all ages, in my opinion.

MacGyver

I'll probably at least get the first one in the series just to check it out. (Kinda the same way I own at least one of The Clues Brothers books just because it IS part of The Hardy Boys' history [publishing-wise anyway. Continuity-wise is debatable I suppose, though apparently some books have indeed referenced this series before.])
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

There are 4 titles in Amazon so far. The first two are slated to come out at the end of April. The following two in August and September.

I will probably get one as well to see what they are like. I wouldn't mind reading it to little kids to see what they think. I used to work at a daycare and I am current a substitute teacher. Could be interesting. PLUS just think how much recruiting I can do! haha

Here's the link for the 4 books and covers.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=hardy+boys+the+secret+files&x=0&y=0

SDLagent

The fifth title in the series will be entitled Monster of a Mystery, and will be released in April 2011.

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on March 16, 2010, 08:37:51 PM
The fifth title in the series will be entitled Monster of a Mystery, and will be released in April 2011.

Monster of a Mystery?  Not exactly the best title for a young kids series considering that Frank and Joe Hardy:/The Hardy Boys Are: The Clues Brothers #11 was called Monster In The Lake.