Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfootman

Here's a list of some of the books I'd recomend:
-Absolute Zero
-The Borderline Case
-Bad Chemestry
-The Last Laugh
To avoid:
-Shock Jock (Then agian, being a UB fan you probbily like books the dragg on)
-Deadman In Deadwood
-Mission: Myhem

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

Olivia

Quote from: Bigfootman on October 01, 2008, 06:57:21 PM
Here's a list of some of the books I'd recomend:
-Absolute Zero
-The Borderline Case
-Bad Chemestry
-The Last Laugh
To avoid:
-Shock Jock (Then agian, being a UB fan you probbily like books the dragg on)
-Deadman In Deadwood
-Mission: Myhem

:D

Not just books, series as well! Just kidding. Sort of.

I say "just kidding" a lot.

Frankfan94

I think you should get #100, True Thriller.  It has a very interesting and suspenseful story full of suprises and the return of a criminal
Quote from: NZone on October 01, 2008, 05:13:54 PM
Yes, the Crowing Terror, that was a good one. I love the part when the terrorizing crow poops all over Joe's car after he just washed and waxed it.
from another book in the series.

Mattie

i liked "brother against brother" and "too many traitors"

MacGyver

Definitely- those are two of my top favorites too. (But I like all of them.) ;D
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Bigfootman

There must be ONE Hardy Boys book that you don't like.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

Mattie

Quote from: MacGyver on September 26, 2010, 08:45:29 PM
Definitely- those are two of my top favorites too. (But I like all of them.) ;D
you're right most of them are good with 1 or 2 exceptions

MacGyver

QuoteThere must be ONE Hardy Boys book that you don't like.
Well, I try to give them all a fair shake and I generally try to find something good in all of them- something to appreciate. But I will say I'm not a huge fan of the Undercover Brothers series in general (not to say that they're necessarily all bad), but I don't know if I totally like the style. And I definitely don't like any swearing in the Hardy Boys books.
And of the other series, I don't much like "The Case of the Psychic's Vision" but that's more for the thematic issues. Because even with this one, I do like some things in it- there are some cool references to the original series books! But I don't like the idea of Frank wrestling with a ghost/demon in one chapter and the Hardys' ready acceptance of and belief in psychic powers.
     But even some of the Hardy Boys books that some may consider mediocre (and I will admit that there are certainly some that are more action-packed and epic in scale than others- but even so, I still like a change of pace now and then)- but even in these I still just enjoy a good clean, fun adventure that's an easy read and a nice escape for a little while. It's fun to read them because you can really imagine yourself being friends with Frank and Joe Hardy if they really existed. So it's nice to read about likeable and admirable characters like that and hang out with them on a mystery/adventure for a while. :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Mattie

MacGyver