Haunted

Started by Lola, August 05, 2008, 08:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lola

I got this from Amazon yesterday and finished it late last night. It was pleasantly good. Although the brothers did kind of bicker about each other, they were otherwise nice to each other. Joe complained about Frank always protecting him and Frank complained how he had to but the writers did show brotherly concern.

Frank and Joe go undercover as two teenage deliquents, they are brothers who hacked into a ebay like company stealing 2cents for each sell earning $10,000 a year. They are interviews by a Dr. Beirly who makes the brothers uncomfortable with his questions. They meet with several other teens who are at the detention center. Several spooky things happen....Joe feels a cold spot....one detaniee, Harlan tells of feeling as he were strapped in to a bed....a seance gone wrong. There is also a few refrences to UB#7 Operation: Survival. Both Frank and Joe think about that detention center comparing it to Undercliff. I did guess who the culprit was fairly early on but the book was well written and didn't mind finsihing it to the end.

SDLagent

My thoughts on this book are pretty much the same as Lola's, a enjoyable read but maybe not quite up to the standards set by the first two UB Super Mystery/Special Editions.

I think this might have been written by the same person who wrote Mission #7, aside from the references to that book, the writing is similar at times.

SDLagent

Anyone else read it yet, if so what do ya think?

tomswift2002

I preordered mine from Chapters a few months ago.  I still haven't received an email saying that the book has been shipped.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

The eBook version of this book is now available for immediate download of SimonSays.com, for $3.89 US.

SDLagent

Spoilers:

Did any one else dislike the ending? I wouldn't mind them getting a glimpse of a ghost but them seeing for such a long time was a bit overdone. Not very mysteries even.

Quote from: tomswift2002 on August 07, 2008, 06:04:19 PM
I preordered mine from Chapters a few months ago.  I still haven't received an email saying that the book has been shipped.

Is it  just me or does it seem like I manage to get pretty much all the new books before anyone else on the forum?

Sam Spade

Quote from: SDLagent on August 12, 2008, 06:55:48 PM
Is it  just me or does it seem like I manage to get pretty much all the new books before anyone else on the forum?

Well, I live about forty-five minutes from the book store where I usually buy them from, and even they don't always have them! >:( I have a pretty crappy setup here! ::)
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

SDLagent

I live about ten minutes away from the bookstore I go to, but it's more the store (or the store's supplier) then me - they usually have the HB books in right around the same time as Amazon! So I'm pretty happy with it.

Do you have the HB books on order? That might help too.

Sam Spade

Quote from: SDLagent on August 13, 2008, 12:56:33 AM
I live about ten minutes away from the bookstore I go to, but it's more the store (or the store's supplier) then me - they usually have the HB books in right around the same time as Amazon! So I'm pretty happy with it.

You suck! ;D :D

Quote from: SDLagent on August 13, 2008, 12:56:33 AM
Do you have the HB books on order? That might help too.

Do you mean have the store order them in ???
I did that like twice or so, but I don't do that very much. See, I have another book store about a half-hour from me. They used to get the UBs in when they came out new, but, they stopped doing that. So I had them order them in once or twice, but instead of going through all that trouble, I usually just wait until I go to the book store thats forty five minutes from me and get them there.

003Robin457

I've read Haunted and liked it. It was one of the best UBs in my oppinion. ;D Not really that scarry though. 8)
Spoliers:
I thought the ending was OK but it should have been more mysterious and leaft you wondering if it was a Gost. But thats just my oppinion.

SDLagent

Quote from: 003Robin457 on August 20, 2008, 03:12:15 PM
I've read Haunted and liked it. It was one of the best UBs in my oppinion. ;D Not really that scarry though. 8)
Spoliers:
I thought the ending was OK but it should have been more mysterious and leaft you wondering if it was a Gost. But thats just my oppinion.

As I said before, I didn't like the ending much, so I agree with you there.

Doesn't seem very many people have read ''Haunted''...

Sam Spade

Quote from: SDLagent on August 21, 2008, 09:33:03 PM
Doesn't seem very many people have read ''Haunted''...

Just picked it up today, so I'll be reading it soon! 8)

003Robin457

I only finished it simi-recently when it came out I had just started another book and did not have much reading time as well. :( :'(  :(

JoeHardyRocks

Was it a good one?
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

SDLagent

Okay, but not is good as the first two UB Super Mystery/Special Edtions.