Terror on Tour

Started by The#1Hardy-BoysFan, July 07, 2007, 02:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

Quote from: SDLagent on January 12, 2010, 03:20:24 AM
If you ask me, it's not out of character.

I didn't say it was out of character for him. I just didn't like it. lol He is always a girl magnet and/or chaser. It was actually nice to see Frank get a little more (unwanted) attention for a change!

Quote from: tomswift2002 on January 12, 2010, 11:57:12 AM
In the Undercover Brothes the boys aren't as mature as they are in the Original continuity or the Casefile continuity even though they are suppose to be the same age as in the previous continuities.

Yeah I definitely noticed that. In Casefiles they are the same age but act much more mature and professional. Not sure which one is really more accurate. I liked the extra humor but I still prefer them in Casefiles. Glad it wasn't just me that thought it! :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on January 12, 2010, 04:49:35 PM

Yeah I definitely noticed that. In Casefiles they are the same age but act much more mature and professional. Not sure which one is really more accurate. I liked the extra humor but I still prefer them in Casefiles. Glad it wasn't just me that thought it! :)

In the Undercover Brothers continuity it seems like Frank and Joe are maybe at the same level of maturity as 12 and 13 year olds, respectively; however they need to be 16 or older in order to be able to drive motorcycles.  Plus in the recent Double Trouble Trilogy the boys were able to pass for 19 and 20 year olds based on their physical descriptions and not their mental  maturity.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

Actually, we don't really know how old they are in this continuity - it's never been said! But, yes, they must be around the same age.

hardygirl847

Hmm interesting tomswift and SDLagent....Perhaps the writers are writing them with more of a normal teenage mentality than in the Casefiles? A lot of teens aren't as mature and professional in real life as in the Casefiles. So maybe they are trying to make it more realistic?
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

Could be. Sometimes they're written a bit too immature, though.

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on January 12, 2010, 11:53:19 PM
Hmm interesting tomswift and SDLagent....Perhaps the writers are writing them with more of a normal teenage mentality than in the Casefiles? A lot of teens aren't as mature and professional in real life as in the Casefiles. So maybe they are trying to make it more realistic?

Or it could just be a reflection of the way teenagers are now, whereas 20-30 years ago teenagers behave much more like the Frank and Joe of the Casefiles.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

hardygirl847

Quote from: tomswift2002 on January 13, 2010, 06:16:04 PM
Or it could just be a reflection of the way teenagers are now, whereas 20-30 years ago teenagers behave much more like the Frank and Joe of the Casefiles.

Well they do use cellphones now and say "dude" and "doofus" etc...I could see it being a modernization of the characters but does it hurt them or help them? Hmm...

I agree with Spencer...they are written a little too immature. Somewhere in the middle might be better...

Is that asking too much of the current HB writers? They have big shoes to fill...

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on January 15, 2010, 02:08:56 PM

I agree with Spencer...they are written a little too immature. Somewhere in the middle might be better...

Is that asking too much of the current HB writers? They have big shoes to fill...

I just started #76 (Wanderer #14) Game Plan For Disaster (1982) and the Hardy's in that book are mature enough to pass as University students while they investigate accidents that are occurring to a University football star who is getting ready for the end of the season tournament.  The plot reminds me of the UB 19 Foul Play, except that the author of #76 has already presented a couple of different plots and sub-plots in the first chapter of the book that will be resolved over the course of the story.  Now then I couldn't see the Hardy Boys of the Undercover Brothers being able to pose as University students (sure they posed as College students in Foul Play, but I had a really hard time believing that they could do it).

hardygirl847

I think in the Casefiles they present themselves differently allowing us to believe that they are capable of passing off as college kids...esp. Frank. The UBs and SM tend to present them as younger (even if they are still 17 and 18) and therefore couldn't pass as college kids. I will have to check that one out sometime though...hmm...

Also...I can't compare with the originals because I have not read them yet...