Killer Mission #1

Started by tomswift2002, November 18, 2009, 09:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

I just got my copy of Killer Mission #1 a few days ago, and while I'm still reading another book, I looked at the first page quickly...and it doesn't seem promising.  The "case" that the book opens on has the Hardy's trapped in a tiger cage again trying to get out. 

Seems to me that one of the more recent stories (Comic Con Artist? Murder House Trilogy?) started with a similar opening with the Hardy Boys trapped in a tiger's/lion cage trying to get to the door.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Man

Killer mystery was a rather lame UB. But then, aren't they all. And besides, it reminded me too much of (dare I say it) Hazed.

SDLagent

Got it awhile ago. Haven't even looked at it.

Bigfootman

Quote from: Santa Claus on November 18, 2009, 09:57:28 AM
I just got my copy of Killer Mission #1 a few days ago, and while I'm still reading another book, I looked at the first page quickly...and it doesn't seem promising.  The "case" that the book opens on has the Hardy's trapped in a tiger cage again trying to get out. 

Seems to me that one of the more recent stories (Comic Con Artist? Murder House Trilogy?) started with a similar opening with the Hardy Boys trapped in a tiger's/lion cage trying to get to the door.

No wonder tigers are endangered, bad guys with no brains keep on kidnapping them!

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

Lola

Quote from: Hardy Man on November 22, 2009, 04:17:52 PM
Killer mystery was a rather lame UB. But then, aren't they all. And besides, it reminded me too much of (dare I say it) Hazed.
"Hazed" didn't even cross my mind when I read it. I thought more of Casefiles #9 The Genisus Thieves. It wasn't that lame either....well maybe when you learn about the secret, secret society of GTT ::)

4567TME

I'm usually behind on getting new books, because I don't usually go to the book store that often, so I haven't felt like getting it yet.

4567TME

Quote from: Loch Ness Monster on November 30, 2009, 06:41:23 PM
I'm usually behind on getting new books, because I don't usually go to the book store that often, so I haven't felt like getting it yet.
I just got it today, scanned through it a bit, haven't really started to read it.

4567TME

It now receives:
ATAC Trainee (my rating)

Bigfootman

Quote from: Santa Claus on November 18, 2009, 09:57:28 AM

That Tiger scene happened in a GN too! I forget which one though...

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

Hardy Man

I hardly even read the opening sequence. It is sooo copying the James Bond movie intro style. I don't know who the producers think they're fooling with those half-brained opening mission segments that make one stop and think Hey, being an ATAC agent is so easy and requires so little brainwork, I'm surprised that Henry Alden and the Boxcar Children haven't signed up yet . As if the Frank and Joe of the Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers would ever be as cool as Bond (though if the three were ever to meet, I suspect that Joe would attempt it and then later complain that Bond gets all of the pretty ladies).

tomswift2002

Quote from: Hardy Man on February 04, 2010, 09:46:36 PM
As if the Frank and Joe of the Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers would ever be as cool as Bond (though if the three were ever to meet, I suspect that Joe would attempt it and then later complain that Bond gets all of the pretty ladies).

They have met in a GN.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

tomswift2002

I just finished reading Killer Mission this morning and I was rather surprised at how well written the story was.  Sure ATAC was still an annoyance to see but I found that Frank and Joe were acting more like the 17 and 18 year-old Frank and Joe from the Originals and the Casefiles than the 16-18 year-old Frank and Joe of the Undercover Brothers continuity (I'm placing Frank and Joe of the UB's at somewhere between 16 and 18 because they've got to be at least 16 in order to be driving their motorcycles around.)

Now then I still found it real lame that S&S still couldn't get a gang of bad guys to be making these problems for a bigger reason than just one person causing them to "get even". 

My rating: 7.0 out of 10.

SDLagent

Wow, that's the most praise you've given a UB in, like, forever (or maybe it was only last year when Double #3 came out). Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come...