Started by ken10, August 15, 2009, 05:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4567TME

I just finished reading X-Plosion!
It was pretty good.
69%

JoeHardyRocks

"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

tomswift2002

It's been out since the end of June 2009.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

HB@1718

I thought it wasn't going to be released until the end of July.

4567TME

Quote from: HB@1718 on August 19, 2009, 02:32:31 AM
I thought it wasn't going to be released until the end of July.
Actually, I think it was out in the middle of July.

JoeHardyRocks

I think we were all momentarily confused. ;D
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

4567TME

4567TME

Quote from: ken10 on August 15, 2009, 05:48:14 PM
I just finished reading X-Plosion!
It was pretty good.
69%
And if you want to know more about my grading system, send me a message.

tomswift2002

I'm just reading X-Plosion right now and I just found out that Simon & Schuster made a major plot faux pas.  On page 56 (last page of Chapter 7) there is a second part to the Suspect Profile about Lennie Wolff, and Simon & Schuster revealed a major plot point that wouldn't be uncovered until page 79 (last page of Chapter 10) and revealed in Chapter 11.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Man

I don't even know why the publishers include that dumb new feature in every new Hardy book. All the suspect profile does is give away crucial evidence that might make the story interesting (well, as interesting as a UB can get) if it were left to the reader to discover. When I first started reading the Ubs, it was a big problem for me as well. I would be halfway through the book and I would find out who did it by reading a suspect profile. Perhaps the reasons for the Hardys knowing the info in advance is that they have already lived the story and are now telling it to the reader in alternating format.

Lola

QuoteWhen I first started reading the Ubs, it was a big problem for me as well. I would be halfway through the book and I would find out who did it by reading a suspect profile.
Do what I do.....skip it and DON'T READ IT!!!!

Hardy Man

Quote from: Lola on September 30, 2009, 03:03:59 PM
skip it and DON'T READ IT!!!!
Now if only that phrase applied to the entire UBs series.

4567TME

At times, I feel it does.

4567TME

Quote from: Hardy Man on September 27, 2009, 02:23:43 PM
When I first started reading the Ubs, it was a big problem for me as well. would be halfway through the book and I would find out who did it by reading a suspect profile.
It's annoying! I can follow a pattern sometimes with the Suspect Profiles!

Hardy Man

Besides that obvious annoyance, this was actually one of the decent Ubs, though there was far too little murder and intrigue to pique any real interest that I might have had. However, the third one was the worst. It mainly constituted the Hardys walking around the various booths and asking questions until they came upon their culprit (sort of like a whodunnit).