What is your favorite Undercover Brothers trilogy?

Started by tomswift2002, March 19, 2009, 03:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Out of the 2 trilogies that are already out for the Undercover Brothers series, which one is your favorite?

Murder House
3 (42.9%)
Double Danger
4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: April 18, 2009, 03:39:23 PM

tomswift2002

Quote from: ken10 on August 15, 2009, 12:02:13 PM
Murder House is pretty good.

Murder House was extremely weak and pointless.  I felt like I was reading the exact same book 3 times in a row.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: ken10 on August 15, 2009, 12:02:13 PM
I was thinking.
Murder House is pretty good.
Galaxy X is even better!

Galaxy X is OK....
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Hardy Man

All of the current trilogies were rather stupid and unimaginative. The one that I would say had the most potential to be a good mystery was the Double Danger trilogy. The first book was awesome. The second was pretty good. The third was a weak link connecting all three back to the first one. I think that the trilogy could have been sooo much better if the story weren't stretched so thin. Perhaps it could have been made into a real supermystery (with more than 175 pages). I also think that perhaps a villain could have been a villain original to the third part of the mystery and that maybe the Joe/Emily thing could have been played up a bit more (the Joe of Casefiles and ND/HB supermysteries was a super-flirt that always got any girl that he looked at and wasn't nailed to the floor). Murder House was (it goes without saying) a one-story wonder. As in, it would have been great as a single-story mystery ending with the first part of the "trilogy." The first story had originality and it progressively went downhill from there. Galaxy X was actually the one trilogy to date that is truly readable without making any major changes. If I had to rate them, I would say:
1. Double Danger
2. Galaxy X
3. Murder House
(the first and the second are really interchangeable)

Olivia

Quote from: Hardy Man on October 06, 2009, 09:25:38 PM
All of the current trilogies were rather stupid and unimaginative. The one that I would say had the most potential to be a good mystery was the Double Danger trilogy. The first book was awesome. The second was pretty good. The third was a weak link connecting all three back to the first one. I think that the trilogy could have been sooo much better if the story weren't stretched so thin. Perhaps it could have been made into a real supermystery (with more than 175 pages). I also think that perhaps a villain could have been a villain original to the third part of the mystery and that maybe the Joe/Emily thing could have been played up a bit more (the Joe of Casefiles and ND/HB supermysteries was a super-flirt that always got any girl that he looked at and wasn't nailed to the floor). Murder House was (it goes without saying) a one-story wonder. As in, it would have been great as a single-story mystery ending with the first part of the "trilogy." The first story had originality and it progressively went downhill from there. Galaxy X was actually the one trilogy to date that is truly readable without making any major changes. If I had to rate them, I would say:
1. Double Danger
2. Galaxy X
3. Murder House

(the first and the second are really interchangeable)

Finally, someone who sees it the same way I do!!

But I've only read the first book in the Galaxy X trilogy so far.

Hardy Man

I recommend reading the first and second one, but skipping to the end to see who the villain is on the third. Why? Because the first and second are really good, but the third is just a re-write of them both (with a little obvious new spin at the end to produce a villain).

Olivia

Quote from: Hardy Man on October 09, 2009, 06:48:00 PM
I recommend reading the first and second one, but skipping to the end to see who the villain is on the third. Why? Because the first and second are really good, but the third is just a re-write of them both (with a little obvious new spin at the end to produce a villain).

I can't bring myself to read the second book of Galaxy X :-\ (I renewed it and it was just sitting in my room for like 4 weeks).

I'll probably attempt it later. I'm just not in the right headspace, or losing the little interest I had...