Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew: Club Dread plot summary

Started by SDLagent, January 19, 2009, 09:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

JoeHardyRocks

Yeah. And don't worry. If both of those don't work, you'll only go to jail. :P
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Olivia

Well, that's better than being recruited by ATAC...

Just kidding!

So to those who have read it (and for others who can answer this after they?ve read it) how do you rank the first three super mysteries from best to worst?

JoeHardyRocks

Me first! Me first!

1. Danger Overseas
2. Club Dread
3. Terror on Tour

But I love all of them.

Quote from: Rainbows & Lollipops on May 06, 2009, 07:55:55 PM
Well, that's better than being recruited by ATAC...

WAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
"Thank you, Joe."

FrankJoeATAC

For me, I rank them:

1.Danger Overseas
2.Club Dread
3.Terror on Tour

I do like them all, though.

Edited because I changed my mind.

Bigfootman

I rather be arested then be stuck on boring cases.   :D JK

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

JoeHardyRocks

"Thank you, Joe."

SDLagent

I picked-up my copy yesterday. I plan to read it soon, but who knows? I haven't read a UB since...wow...November 2008! That's longer then I thought! Time flys when your not read UB (having fun), I guess.

FrankJoeATAC

Lola

I got my copy in the mail yesterday and finished reading it. The storyline was good but for those of you who don't like the HB/ND crossovers due to feeling that Nancy seems to take over....in this one she does. As for the "friend" that is mentioned in the synopsis....it's not anyone that Frank,Joe or Nancy know!

I enjoyed the storyline of the book but felt that Joe and Frank were put on the back burner plus I figured out who the bad guy was pretty quickly.

JoeHardyRocks

It says an old friend because F&J said that Matthias was an old friend.
"Thank you, Joe."

Lola

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on May 13, 2009, 10:31:29 PM
It says an old friend because F&J said that Matthias was an old friend.
I know but without giving away the plot..........

tomswift2002

I just finished Club Dread this morning and here's what I think:

1.  This was a better story than all of the recent trilogies combined.  I kept thinking that, had it not been for ATAC, this could've fit right in with the Hardy Boys & Nancy Drew Digest series, albeit, sometime in the post-1987 part of the series.

2. Considering that the main criminal was revealed way too early, and was a reused plot device, it was nice to finally see a gang of more than 1 person in this story.

3. Even though at times I felt that the author, especially early on, was just sending the characters to various rooms for no reason, I think the author could've moved the action out into the everglades more than he/she did.  If you want to read a really good Hardy Boys story that takes place in the Florida everglades read Mystery At Smuggler's Cover.

4. ATAC was a real handicap in this story.  I think the author should've just dropped ATAC right from the story in the first place and just had the Hardy's maybe go on vacation and stumble into the mystery, rather than having the fake ATAC storyline.

5. With the fake ATAC storyline, I think it would've made it more intersting had Fenton Hardy called the boys in the middle of the story, and been surprised by the boys saying that the recent ATAC mission was really odd and not working out like it should've been, and Fenton telling the boys that no one at ATAC had sent them.  Plus the attack by the Hardy's "friend" should've been kept till later in the book, since the author didn't explain why the Hardy's were out in the kayak's when Nancy stumbled upon them.

Rating: 7.0 out of 10 
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

tomswift2002

As for ranking the Super Mystery'07 books, here's how I rank them:

1. Club Dread
2. Terror On Tour
3. Danger Overseas
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

Wow, that's a lot different than mine.

1. Danger Overseas
2. Club Dread
3. Terror on Tour