Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew: Club Dread plot summary

Started by SDLagent, January 19, 2009, 09:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

The for ''Club Dread'' has been reveled on SimonandSchuster.com. ''Club Dread'' is the third novel in the Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys Super Mystery and is due out May 5, 2009.

QuoteSometimes, being an ATAC agent doesn?t seem so bad. When Frank and Joe are sent to a eco-resort in paradise to investigate a string of thefts, they?re not complaining. But once they get there, something seems off about the mission . . . soon the brothers feel like missing jewelry is the least of their concerns. Meanwhile Nancy Drew, Bess, and George are staying at the hotel as guests. They, too, sense something off about this particular paradise, and when they run into Frank and Joe it seems that no one--not even an old friend--is above suspicion.

JoeHardyRocks

"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

SDLagent

Yeah, sounds a lot better then the next "trilogy".

003Robin457

Whos this Old Freind? :-\ Some one from book 1 or 2?

SDLagent

Are they not referring to the Hardys or Nancy?

tomswift2002

Quote from: 003Robin457 on January 20, 2009, 08:48:12 PM
Whos this Old Freind? :-\ Some one from book 1 or 2?

I would assume that "Old Friend" is referring to the Frank, Joe, Nancy, Bess and George.

But, why are Nancy and her friends always on vacation in these books, and yet the boys are never on vacation from ATAC?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

003Robin457

Quote from: SDLagent on January 21, 2009, 04:34:50 AM
Are they not referring to the Hardys or Nancy?

It says "when they" refering to Nancy and frinds "run into Frank and Joe it seems that no one--not even an old friend--is above suspicion." So "friend" can't be F&J because they are plural. And judging by the sentence structure it is unlikely that it means ND and friends.

Olivia

That plot sounds familiar. Maybe because elements of it have been used in other books or on TV episodes or something.

I feel like I've heard it before *shrugs*

FrankJoeATAC

Quote from: 003Robin457 on January 21, 2009, 04:43:18 PM
It says "when they" refering to Nancy and frinds "run into Frank and Joe it seems that no one--not even an old friend--is above suspicion." So "friend" can't be F&J because they are plural. And judging by the sentence structure it is unlikely that it means ND and friends.

I can't think of anyone else in the previous super mysteries, that could be the 'Old friend', but I'm guessing that it's probably Nancy,Bess and George referring to F&J, and vice versa.

JoeHardyRocks

"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

003Robin457

tomswift2002

I just picked up Club Dread today.  I haven't started to read it yet, since I'm currently reading Warpath by David Mack.  But I did look through Club, and I noticed that S&S is advertising The Hidden Theft, along with both White Wolf of Icicle Creek for the Wii, and Treasure On Track for the DS.  Plus there are sample pages for both the Nancy Drew Girl Detective trilogy : Identity Theft, and the Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers trilogy: Double Trouble.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

SDLagent

Wow. A lot of "bonus features"...or whatever you call it.

Hopefully I'll get my copy on Monday.

tomswift2002

I forgot to pre-order my copy, so when I picked up Star Trek New Frontier: Treason by Peter David at Coles's yesterday, I also picked up Club Dread.  But the funny thing is that with Club Dread, Coles had that book in the Hardy Boys section, while all the copies of Terror On Tour & Danger Overseas where in the Nancy Drew section.  Weird.

Oh yeah, I also reserved my copy of the novelization of the new Star Trek movie, by Alan Dean Foster, at the same time, and the cashier told me that they had the book in the store, but they couldn't sell it till May 12, otherwise they would get fined.  UHHHHH!!!!

003Robin457

CDs out! Man time flies! Well I'm going to B&N Tuesday so I just have to wait... man I hate waiting!

Quote from: tomswift2002 on May 03, 2009, 01:10:57 PM
Oh yeah, I also reserved my copy of the novelization of the new Star Trek movie, by Alan Dean Foster, at the same time, and the cashier told me that they had the book in the store, but they couldn't sell it till May 12, otherwise they would get fined.  UHHHHH!!!!
I've run into that before. I sugest black mail.