Double Trouble

Started by Lola, November 12, 2008, 08:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeHardyRocks

I hated it. I never even had to read the last one, so I didn't.
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

tomswift2002

Quote from: ken10 on August 15, 2009, 12:08:04 PM
Double Trouble was a good start to the Double Danger trilogy

It was pretty weak, since you basically just need to read Double Deception to get the whole jist of the trilogy.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Man

Double Trouble was the best in the series, followed by Double Down, and finally (in every sense of the word) Double Deception. They went spiraling down from first to second to third.

tomswift2002

Quote from: Hardy Man on October 06, 2009, 09:40:31 PM
Double Trouble was the best in the series, followed by Double Down, and finally (in every sense of the word) Double Deception. They went spiraling down from first to second to third.

I found that it was the other way around since the first two books were essentially rewrites of other books in the series, where as I felt that the third book actually had a stronger story that didn't die out after the first chapter.  Of course then in the Galaxy X trilogy I found that the first two books were the best and then book three was a rewrite of previous books.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Hardy Man

I hear what you're saying. I thought that it was a downward spiral, but I have to admit that Double Deception was reasonably good. It did have a fairly strong story and even though I think that the ending was rather rushed and stupid, it did have a small bit of originality to it. I mean, this is perhaps the first time that I have ever read of an instance in which a person's brother tried to kill him in a Hardy book. As for the other two, I have to disagree. I found Double Trouble to be very suspenseful and intriguing (if not a little monotonous), though I think that the part where they found out about William's guilt was a little rushed in order to get a believable ending. I liked Double Down almost as much as the first book. I liked how the Chinese gang was introduced (for perhaps the first time in the Hardy franchise) as well. The part where Slick was discovered dead was actually the second real time that I have been surprised by a murder during the UBs (the first was Ollie in Extreme Danger). I also liked the thing with the PDA at the end. It really kept me waiting for the last book in the trilogy (for perhaps the first time).

tomswift2002

In Brother Against Brother (Casefiles #11) Simon & Schuster had Frank and Joe trying to kill each other.

And in Sabotage At Sports City (Digest #115) we had a pair of identical twins (male/20's-30's) switching roles so that it would appear as if one of them was competent at all the sports in the Olympics and was able to get an Olympic gold medal.