Double Trouble

Started by Lola, November 12, 2008, 08:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lola

I was browsing in amazon.com when I found that the next UB trilogy is now availble! I put in my order and it should be arriving on the 18th.

Sam Spade

Thanks for the heads up, Lola!
I still haven't picked up Murder House though. :-\
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

Lola

I recieved my copy of Double Trouble today and I have to say that this is better than Murder House...IMO.

*Spoilers ahead*

As always it starts off with them solving their last mission....a teen Ride-N-Tie race riding horses. They are back at school and apparently it's close to Valentine's Day, at least that's the impression I got as two girls walk into Frank's class deliverying bouquets. Frank gets a dozen roses with their next mission hidden inside. The brothers are to protect a teen movie star, Justin Carraway. Justin has been recieving some menacing letters ATAC believes are a stalker.  Frank and Joe manage to become friends with Justin and his twin brother Ryan.

Justin is in Bayport filming a movie there. There are several suspects including a group known as the Cleen Teen. They are protesting Justin for his bad behaviour and want him to sign a contract stating that he will clean up his act and be a better role model to his teen fans. A paparazzi reporter named Eligha and even possible Justin's brother Ryan.

Brian and Belinda Conrad and Chet make an appearnce. We also find out something about Aunt Trudy. There is the usual Frank and Joe teasing but it's not that bad. In fact there is a really good brother moment between them.

Like Murder House Frank and Joe find the stalker and capture him but that is not the end. In the sneak peek of Double Down the second part of the series. Frank and Joe want to continue the investigation even though ATAC considers it closed. Why do they want to continue? One of the suspects ends up dead and the stalker didn't do it.

Q

Sounds really good! I think I will check it out.

003Robin457

My B&N doesn't have it yet. :( Oh well I'll call agin in a day or two.

tomswift2002

Quote from: Lola on November 17, 2008, 11:02:10 PM
As always it starts off with them solving their last mission....a teen Ride-N-Tie race riding horses. They are back at school and apparently it's close to Valentine's Day, at least that's the impression I got as two girls walk into Frank's class deliverying bouquets. Frank gets a dozen roses with their next mission hidden inside. The brothers are to protect a teen movie star, Justin Carraway. Justin has been recieving some menacing letters ATAC believes are a stalker.  Frank and Joe manage to become friends with Justin and his twin brother Ryan.

Justin is in Bayport filming a movie there. There are several suspects including a group known as the Cleen Teen. They are protesting Justin for his bad behaviour and want him to sign a contract stating that he will clean up his act and be a better role model to his teen fans. A paparazzi reporter named Eligha and even possible Justin's brother Ryan.

Brian and Belinda Conrad and Chet make an appearnce. We also find out something about Aunt Trudy. There is the usual Frank and Joe teasing but it's not that bad. In fact there is a really good brother moment between them.

Like Murder House Frank and Joe find the stalker and capture him but that is not the end. In the sneak peek of Double Down the second part of the series. Frank and Joe want to continue the investigation even though ATAC considers it closed. Why do they want to continue? One of the suspects ends up dead and the stalker didn't do it.

Doesn't this sound remarkable similar to Top Ten Ways to Die?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

003Robin457

I've got it now. I'll start reading it in a bit, need to finish something else first though.

003Robin457

Ok I read it and its not realy close to Top Ten.
Quote from: Lola on November 17, 2008, 11:02:10 PM
I recieved my copy of Double Trouble today and I have to say that this is better than Murder House...IMO.

*Spoilers ahead*

Frank and Joe want to continue the investigation even though ATAC considers it closed. Why do they want to continue? One of the suspects ends up dead and the stalker didn't do it.
*Spoiler*

So technicley DD will be the first nonATAC book. (Excluding Graphics.)

hardy boys fan

Quote from: tomswift2002 on November 19, 2008, 06:30:21 PM
Doesn't this sound remarkable similar to Top Ten Ways to Die?
yeah but a little different
Hey!............. Ohhhhh

tomswift2002

Even though I'm reading it right now I'm still finding that the author didn't change all that much between the Top Ten Ways to Die and Double Trouble.  We've still got the celebrity who acts like a jerk and wants everything served on a silver platter, we've got a family memeber/close acquaintance who is envious of the star's celebrity status, plus the star's manager/publicist hates working for the star.

In Top Ten Ways To Die the story was set on the set and around of a music video shoot, while in Double Trouble it is set on a movie set and the hotel that was rented by the movie company.

Plus we've got the characters who are "star-struck" over a famous star being nearby, plus we've got the annoying Conrads who add nothing to the story, prancing around being the bullies in the story.  And what is up with the friends that appear for a scene and then get ditched?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

hardy boys fan

Quote from: tomswift2002 on November 29, 2008, 08:30:50 AM
Even though I'm reading it right now I'm still finding that the author didn't change all that much between the Top Ten Ways to Die and Double Trouble.  We've still got the celebrity who acts like a jerk and wants everything served on a silver platter, we've got a family memeber/close acquaintance who is envious of the star's celebrity status, plus the star's manager/publicist hates working for the star.

In Top Ten Ways To Die the story was set on the set and around of a music video shoot, while in Double Trouble it is set on a movie set and the hotel that was rented by the movie company.

Plus we've got the characters who are "star-struck" over a famous star being nearby, plus we've got the annoying Conrads who add nothing to the story, prancing around being the bullies in the story.  And what is up with the friends that appear for a scene and then get ditched?
you are right its almost the same thing
Hey!............. Ohhhhh

003Robin457

whitetigers

Quote from: 003Robin457 on December 03, 2008, 07:11:03 PM
TTWTD was better.
What is TTWTD? I know i'll be embarrassed when i find out, but at the moment i have no brains. I just got home from work this morning. Pulling back 50 pallets of toys that were still out on the floor 6 am this morning to the back recieving room was not fun.

But one good thing was that i forgot to check my mail yesterday and i looked in it this morning and a card from Borders said my book was in. Yes! I can get it today. After a nap of coarse. ::) Can't wait to read it.
Whitetigers

tomswift2002

Top Ten Ways To Die (Undercover Brothers #8).

Sounds like you work at a Wal-Mart that's open 24 hours.
Quote from: whitetigers on December 07, 2008, 09:47:41 AM
What is TTWTD? I know i'll be embarrassed when i find out, but at the moment i have no brains. I just got home from work this morning. Pulling back 50 pallets of toys that were still out on the floor 6 am this morning to the back recieving room was not fun.

But one good thing was that i forgot to check my mail yesterday and i looked in it this morning and a card from Borders said my book was in. Yes! I can get it today. After a nap of coarse. ::) Can't wait to read it.

whitetigers

No, it's not open 24/7. We close at 11pm and open up at 7am. We have to get the 100+ pallets off the floor by 7am before the customers arrive. They are building a new Wal~Mart and it will be a Super Center. I'm not looking forward to it. I like the smaller one. But we're not keeping this one. The good thing is it won't open till 2010. :)
Whitetigers