Iola's Inner Circle

Started by Olivia, October 18, 2008, 11:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bozonessinc

Quote from: Negative Zone on October 20, 2008, 07:31:37 PM
no what I'm saying is you ... never mind
PSP! Nevermind about what. Sometimes I don't know what your trying to say Nzone!

NZone

not a psp, I laid down the rules for them, what I was trying to say was, you don't like someone if they are fictional just for being good-looking, at least in my mind, don't do psp alerts if you have no idea what you are talking about
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

SDLagent

Well with that post I was just going to say I don't know much about her, other then she's good looking, and at the last minute added the extra sentence. Just thought it was kind of funny.

Olivia

Wow. I guess all the writers suck because we know nothing about her ;)

Anyways, I just chose to like her because if I had to choose a female character to like in the HBs universe (besides Nancy Drew) it would be her. Plus I always found that she seemed decent, and the UBs are actually not doing that bad of a job for her character's personality.

It might have to do with more things, like she kind of reminds me of one of my friends and/or I seem to be drawn to tragedy.

Also, it was said in this thread or another thread, but Iola was only "blown to bits" in the Casefiles. So that leaves the Originals, Digests, UBs, etc. That's a lot of books.

bozonessinc

You should be Nancy Drew lover then. I wonder if Iola had another boyfriend other then a Hardy?

JoeHardyRocks

Maybe, probably not, though...
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

bozonessinc

*bozonessinc laughs at Iola, then makes a stupid joke "hardy har har"

SDLagent

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 21, 2008, 08:50:46 PM
You should be Nancy Drew lover then. I wonder if Iola had another boyfriend other then a Hardy?

Ah, I don't think so, since when Iola was killed she was only about 16, and had been dating Joe for awhile.

bozonessinc

Well she could have been killed when she was only 16 so then Joe was what when he was dating her. How does that answer the question about other then hardy? Though?

Olivia

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 21, 2008, 08:50:46 PM

I just like undertaking this Iola cause for some reason. ND isn't as challenging or something, I don't know. And this is a Hardy Boys board.

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 21, 2008, 09:03:54 PM
*bozonessinc laughs at Iola, then makes a stupid joke "hardy har har"

What do you mean by that? You mean you're laughing at the character?

Olivia

To clarify, the last question I have up there is not me being in your face or anything. I actually am trying to see what you mean ::)

Anyways, for my Inner Circle:

OR

These guys can be our security.

bozonessinc

Quote from: Iola.Alive on October 22, 2008, 10:35:46 PM
To clarify, the last question I have up there is not me being in your face or anything. I actually am trying to see what you mean ::)

Anyways, for my Inner Circle:

OR

These guys can be our security.
Is there actually a town called Iola?? That would be cool!

Olivia

Yeah there is, apparently. In Kansas.

SDLagent

Probably the only place anyone has heard the name outside the Hardy Boys.

bozonessinc

Can you look up when the city was created, maybe it was named after the character in the hardy boys.