The Skyfire Puzzle

Started by Bigfootman, June 22, 2009, 07:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfootman

If you have not read this book, you should. Right from the start, there's lots of action. Guns, out of control machenes, and car chases everywhere. The suspencefull ending makes the book even better. Also the Hardys get to go to outer space, and save the shuttle. This is one of the best Hardy boys books ever, better then the UBs (mind you though, a lot of book are better then the UBs) , better then meny of the Bluespines, and even better then the Borderline Case.
Rating: 11.9
Warning to Chet Fans: Spoiler warning, but I want Chet fans to know that this clifhanger happens in the book, so they know that they might be a little upset. This was edited by me, so I don't give too much away:
Chet launched himself from the scaffolding, wrapped his legs tightly around Frank's shoulders and began tearing at the back of his helmet. Chet was trying to kill him. It didn't make sense, but there was no time to worry about that. His friend was doing his best to rip his air hose out of his suit!

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

tomswift2002

I've read The Skyfire Puzzle a few times now and it is a very good book. 

You have to remember that this is one of the first books that Simon & Schuster ever produced and released (before they had only released the Syndicate produced books, S&S had never beeen involved in the writing and production of a book) and while it was not the success that they were looking for, inorder to move the Mystery Stories line in a different direction, it was successful enough to launch a series aimed more at teens.  And when you read The Skyfire Puzzle you can tell that S&S was thinking about aiming the series more at the Teen audience that maybe left the Mystery Stories series because the books were considered "children's books".
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

4567TME

I'll try to see if I can get it, and I'll have my own rating from my book system up.