International Hardy Boys covers

Started by MacGyver, May 25, 2012, 10:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Ah- okay, thanks for the correction.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

I believe this is the cover of The Crowning Terror (#6 in The Hardy Boys Casefiles) as released in Netherlands.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

And here's, as far as I can tell, a copy of The Tower Treasure, (I'm pretty sure it must be, judging from the artwork and the number 1 on the cover), but I am not sure what country this originates from- nice touch with the logo though. Ties in well to the overall look from the Undercover Brothers look and the Hardy Boys video games.

MacGyver

And here's one I have no idea which book it is [or what country it's from]- Judging from the name of the file though, I think it is Skin & Bones (#164 in The Hardy Boys Mystery Stories series).

MacGyver

And while this thread (and Web site, of course) is primarily devoted to The Hardy Boys, I thought I would post this here for Nancy Drew fans, since she is their literary sister or at least cousin anyway- here's an entire site devoted to international Nancy Drew book covers- http://www.nancydrewworld.com/ :) 8)

MacGyver

And here's an entire website for Norway printings of Hardy Boys books. :) 8)

Hardy Sleuth

Yep, that's The Tower Treasure and it's Indonesian/Malaysian, first two words means hidden treasure, then house, and last word means tower. The one with the skull is Turkish and yep, you're right about what title that is also, MacGyver. And just so you know, I didn't already know all that, looked it up on Google. :D
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

Okay- cool to know. Thanks for looking that up, Hardy Sleuth. :) 8)

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on August 02, 2013, 03:54:53 PM
Okay- cool to know. Thanks for looking that up, Hardy Sleuth. :) 8)

No problem, MacGyver. :)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

Here's a cool Spanish Hardy Boys cover:

MacGyver

And it comes with cool comic book style illustrations!

MacGyver

And according to the page I found this on, this book is a copy of Hunting for Hidden Gold. (or Oro Escondido en Espanol.)
Published by Editorial Bruguera in 1976, the book is an "edicion ilustrada" and features cartoon-like panels scattered throughout the text.
Cover features original artwork by Carlos Enrique Lencinas.
I don't think I've seen these before- pretty cool! :) 8)

kosmicdust

Here's my copy of the Spanish edition of Shore Road Mystery ? it contains no less than 30 of those excellent comic-book style illustrations!

http://postimg.org/image/9ne9ldorb/

MacGyver

Nice! Thanks for posting. I also like how the main characters from each book are displayed on the spine. (Of course, that could be a bad thing too though if the main villian is always on the spine- you'd hate to have a pictorial spoiler like that on each book...)

MacGyver

This is the British rerelease of The Hardy Boys Casefiles that happened a few years back- the designs are quite different from the standard American releases. And this particular book (#117 in The Hardy Boys Casefiles) got a name change from Blood Sport to Duel with Death.