What's the last book or item you added to your Hardy Boys collection?

Started by MacGyver, March 20, 2013, 08:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Awesome!  :) 8) I love the Hardy Boys graphic novels- by far, the best thing to come out of the whole Undercover Brothers era, I think.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

thehardyboysrock

That action figure is really cool!!!! It really is to bad it cost $45 :( have you found another one yet
When you get an idea not even heavy explosives can jar it loose.Wait, I'll get my gear.If your going to get killed I don't want to be left alive to explain to mom and dad. :)

MacGyver

Oh, sure- they show up fairly often on Ebay and apparently every now and then at your local antique malls. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

thehardyboysrock

When you get an idea not even heavy explosives can jar it loose.Wait, I'll get my gear.If your going to get killed I don't want to be left alive to explain to mom and dad. :)

MacGyver

MacGyver

QuoteSo, you all remember this post?...

And, much as I'd like to say this now sits on my bookshelf with all of my Hardy Boys books- no, I didn't actually buy this one. I just couldn't really spend $45 on an action figure, even though it is the Frank Hardy action figure made by Kenner as a tie in to The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries.   (And still in the box, no less- though the box is definitely pretty bent up.) (And as I know I've said before, I'm both a huge fan of The Hardy Boys books and this 1970s TV show version in particular- so it was really quite exciting for me to find this.) I saw this at an antique mall a few weeks back and I was ecstatic to find it! It was really cool to at least be able to look at it up close and hold it, but I just really couldn't afford to shell out that kind of money on a collectible, even a cool one like this. Still, it was neat to find it and take pictures of it. I will post some more later on.

Well, I've got another cool and exciting find like that to share....... I'll post about it soon- once I get the pictures ready... 

Okay- finally getting around to posting these pictures. Enjoy! :) 8)
About a month or two back, I actually found the Joe Hardy action figure from Kenner! Yay! (And at the same antique mall too- wow! Of course, again- I'm not going to pay $50 for it.) So now I've found both of The Hardy Boys action figure tie-ins to The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries. :D It is a cool collectible, but honestly- it's not like I'm going to really pull it out and play with it- so, I just don't want to spend a ton of money for something that will just sit on display on a bookshelf and gather dust. But it was really cool to find it- I was pretty ecstatic for that. And I took some pictures of it to remember it.

MacGyver

MacGyver

MacGyver

MacGyver

Okay- there are all of my pictures for the action figure. Unfortunately, I guess Kenner never did a Nancy Drew action figure based on Pamela Sue Martin- that would have been nice to add to this collection. Oh well- Nancy has gotten other dolls though.

MacGyver

Grosset & Dunlap hardback copies of The Secret of Wildcat Swamp, The Clue of the Hissing Serpent and Danger on Vampire Trail- I've had other copies of all three of these books, but I didn't have a PC version and I've been trying to get all of those for The Hardy Boys where and when I can. :) 8)

kosmicdust

For whomever may be interested, I've just added three auctions to eBay, containing an assorted selection of the British Casefiles paperbacks, with cover art by Richard Jones:

www.ebay.com/itm/290996855283

www.ebay.com/itm/290996869845
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290996875249

MacGyver

Ebay is a great way to build your Hardy Boys collection! :) 8)
Another good way is library sales! Woohoo! :) 8)
My local library just had one of their sales last weekend and so I picked up a few good books. For The Hardy Boys, I got a different copy of The Secret of Wildcat Swamp (newer printing and in better condition- I will probably decide which one I want to keep, as I mentioned I got a copy of this a while back and then sell or give away the other.)

Hardy Sleuth

That's great you got  The Secret of Wildcat Swamp in better condition , MacGyver! 8) I love library sales! ;D
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

Oh, yeah- me too. I love library sales- I almost always find something good (and for cheap too). :)  8)