Hardy Boys Casefiles Encyclopedia Update #21

Started by SkyWarp, June 07, 2016, 06:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

SkyWarp

So what did I find interesting from this book after re-reading it all these years later?

1) This was a very well written book. I enjoyed it very well.

2) This was the first mention of the international organization known as  MUX.  Not much is explored into this organization during this book, as it ends with mentioning most of MUX is out of the country and beyond law enforcement's reach. 

3) This story took place in New York City and was very descriptive of all the various places, roads, and areas mentioned in New York City.  Considering the Hardy Boys were riding their bikes all through town, I guess this was a good thing.  Like a few books before, being able to now look up these places on Google Maps where various scenes in the book took place is rather nice.  For instance, the following bridge in Central Park was part of one scene in the book.  https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7915618,-73.9623146,3a,75y,261.36h,85.87t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sca7dBBjyT3br5uCw7q7qLg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

4) Chief Peterson makes a couple more appearances and it is noted it has been a year since he last popped up in Casefile #5: Edge of Destruction.

5) Tiffany Chilton seems like a great character to bring back in a future story, at least for those that may not like Vanessa Bender, but also are fine with the death of Iola Morton.

VLoneWolf

I've read it once I agree it is well written.

MacGyver

Nice summary. Street Spies is one of my favorites too. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"