Songs That Frank and Joe Would Have On Their Playlists

Started by tomswift2002, May 07, 2017, 10:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Okay, this was a wild thought I had.  But based on the different era's of the 20th and 21st century that the Hardy Boys have been fighting crime, what songs would the boys have had on their playlists in each era. 

So here are the Hardy Boys era's:

1920's - 1950's The Original Texts (The Tower Treasure to Mystery At Devil's Paw)

1960's - 1970's Original Texts Part 2/Revised Texts (Mystery of the Chinese Junk to Mystery Of the Samaurai Sword)

1980's - 1990's  Mystery Stories/Casefiles (The Pentagon Spy to Motocross Madness)

2000's - 2010's  Undercover Brothers/Adventures

So pick between 5 and 10 songs from each era that you think Frank and Joe might've heard on the radio or had on the record player, or had on their ipod.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Nice! As a fan of music in general and The Hardy Boys, I like this one. :) 8)
I'll have to think on it and get back to it when I have more time.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

I tend to think The Hardy Boys would be aware of popular music of the day, but still have their own style. There have been a few mentions of The Hardy Boys' music listening choices throughout the books, so I take that as guidance and just my own thoughts on this.

1920s-1950s - I feel like they might dig some jazz and Tin Pan Alley numbers.
                        "Ain't Misbehavin' " by Fats Waller
                        "Take The 'A' Train" by Billy Strayhorn
                         "By the Light of the Silvery Moon" by Gus Edwards and Edward Madden
                         "Hello My Baby (Hello My Ragtime Gal)" by Emerson, Howard and Sterling
                         "Give My Regards to Broadway" by George M. Cohan
                          "In the Good Old Summertime" by Ren Shields and George Evans
                          "There'll Be A Hot Time in the Old Town Tonight" by Joe Thayden & Theodore Mertz
                          "God Bless America" by Irving Berlin
                           "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" by The Andrews Sisters
                           "Jailhouse Rock" by Elvis Presley

(I'm no good with limiting myself- I feel like I could list a ton of others- but I'm trying to be representative of different styles that I think they would like.) I may have to come back and post later for other time periods.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

It's funny, but Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley was actually mention in the Hardy Boys Casefiles #55 Beyond The Law, but there it was used to show the contrast between the Hardy's and the general public who believed that Chief Collig was guilty.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

goldie3

If I remember right, wasn't Frank a rolling stones fan, in a case file?

MacGyver

Yes- I remember that reference to the Elvis Presley song in Casefiles #55. And yes, in #14, Frank is shown to be a fan of the Rolling Stones. I was going to bring that factor in when listing songs for the '60s and '70s eras. :-)

MacGyver

1960s-1970s:
                       "Satisfaction" by The Rolling Stones
                        "Bridge Over Troubled Water" by Simon & Garfunkel
                        "Let It Be" by The Beatles
                        "Sugar Sugar" by The Archies
                        "Surfing U.S.A." by The Beach Boys
                         "I Got You Babe" by Sonny & Cher
                         "Fire and Rain" by James Taylor
                          "Poems, Prayers and Promises" by John Denver
                          "Staying Alive" by The Bee Gees
                           "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother" by The Hollies
                           (Bonus- I know it's 4 past 10, but I couldn't forget these favorites-
                            "Just the Way You Are" by Billy Joel, "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" by Elton John, "(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding? by Nick Lowe and made famous by Elvis Costello and the Attractions and "Everything is Beautiful" by Ray Stevens)

And these are more just as a joke, but-
"Watching the Detectives" by Elvis Costello and the Attractions
"Here Come The Hardys" by The Hardy Boys (of course!)
and
"Da Doo Ron Ron" by Shaun Cassidy :) 8)

MacGyver

1980s-1990s:
                       "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor
                       "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey
                       "Man in the Mirror" by Michael Jackson
                        "Crazy for You" by Madonna
                        "Born in the U.S.A." by Bruce Springsteen
                        "Roam" by the B-52s
                        "Kyrie" by Mr. Mister
                         "Honestly" by Stryper
                         "Graduation Song (Friends Forever)" by Vitamin C
                          "The Sign" by Ace of Base

MacGyver

2000s-2010s:
                             "Move Along" by The All-American Rejects
                             "Superman (It's Not Easy)" by Five for Fighting
                             "Just the Way You Are" by Bruno Mars
                             "Background" by Lecrae
                             "Pressing On" by Relient K
                             "Meant to Live" by Switchfoot
                              "Single Ladies" by Beyonce Knowles
                              "Wherever You Will Go" by The Calling
                              "How to Save a Life" by The Fray
                              "Everything" by Lifehouse

(Bonus- "Fix You" by Coldplay)