#7 Opposite Numbers

Started by hardygirl847, February 27, 2010, 11:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

So I am really enjoying these GNs...I am FINALLY catching up on some of them. However, while I reading Opposite Numbers, I was confused as to why the illustrations changed throughout the story?! I enjoy the "normal" artwork much better than the out of the blue anime type of artwork.

Does anyone know about this or notice it in other GNs as well? (I haven't read all of them yet)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

That's because there's three artists on that one. Daniel Rendon, Paulo Henrique, and Sidney Lima to be exact. #6 Hyde & Shriek is also co-drawn by Henrique and Lima, so it's not the first title to have more then one artists.

hardygirl847

Yeah I saw them listed on the cover. I don't mind that there were 3 artists but I did kind of mind that it was inconsistent. I'm not sure I see the point in that....
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

As long as the story's cohesive and coherent, I don't mind so much. (Though it certainly is a bit odd, but oh well.) And this was one was definitely a great story.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

hardygirl847

I agree MacGyver...it was definitely a good story so I didn't seem to mind that much. But I don't know...it still bugged me. They go from super cute to super ANIME...which is not my style. Sorry to anyone who likes it but it's just not right with Hardy Boys. It conflicts with the image I have of them in my head.

Consistency...definitely.

I still plan on reading the other ones...I just was curious about this one in particular.

Oh and those darn Noir sisters?! I know they come back because I remember reading about them in a later GN. Not too sure about them yet...

SDLagent

I like the Noirs. They make a good nemesis for the Hardys. Plus, evil girls against good boys makes sense, right?

MacGyver

Sure. It's just like Alia and Zoe against Sam and Al on Quantum Leap. (in the 5th. season.) :D
(Couldn't resist making the comparison for one of my favorite shows.)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Quote from: SDLagent on March 01, 2010, 08:50:48 PM
I like the Noirs. They make a good nemesis for the Hardys. Plus, evil girls against good boys makes sense, right?

Is it bad of me to enjoy villainous girls rather than Nancy Drew? The whole damsel in distress thing is overrated. Give the guys some danger and adventure, I say! :)

MacGyver

I love Nancy Drew. She's definitely not always portrayed as a damsel in distress.

hardygirl847

Quote from: MacGyver on March 02, 2010, 04:09:12 PM
I love Nancy Drew. She's definitely not always portrayed as a damsel in distress.

As soon as I wrote my post I knew someone would think that is what I was saying. No she's more the heroine than the damsel in distress. I realize that. I don't dislike her completely but I have to say I am not a huge fan. Maybe it's because she is sometimes portrayed as liking Frank and well she can't have my man! LOL :D

It's silly...but I rather have my guys in danger and pushed to the limit through adventure and mystery than anyone else...girl or otherwise.

SDLagent

I like Nancy Drew, but I think I like the Noir sisters a bit more.

hardygirl847

Quote from: SDLagent on March 02, 2010, 11:15:02 PM
I like Nancy Drew, but I think I like the Noir sisters a bit more.

I'm with you on this one Spencer but they are quite different. It makes for a hard comparison in some ways. However, I do like the danger aspect and antagonist vibe of the Noir sisters versus Nancy Drew being a fellow detective (and at times overshadowing my guys when they are written together).

Slightly off topic...Nancy Drew fans...Make me a fan. What book would you suggest to me that could convince me to be more pro-Nancy?

SDLagent

I haven't read any of Nancy's novels, but I have read some of the Nancy Drew Graphic Novel series. I've only read the early volumes, but I found they were written better then the early The Hardy Boys Graphic Novel titles.

MacGyver

Of the Nancy Drew books I've read, I've always really enjoyed "The Hidden Staircase" (which was used as the basis for one of the 1930s movies, by the way). I would also recommend "The Sign of the Twisted Candles", "The Mystery at the Ski Jump", "The Mystery of the 99 Steps", "The Clue in the Album" and "The Invisible Intruder".