Started by tomswift2002, October 24, 2008, 08:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Campaign Of Crime
The Hardy Boys Casefiles #103
Printed: September 1995
Publisher: Archway Paperbacks

Plot: 

It is time for the New York State Primary and Frank and Joe Hardy have volunteered to help with Independent Candidate Nathan Webster?s campaign for President.

All of a sudden, at a Campaign Convention in Bayport, a bomb rips through the auditorium, leaving Frank in critical condition in Bayport Hospital.  This bombing is soon followed up by a letter to a New York news station claiming that the bombing was carried out by an extremist group named the Green Warriors.

Who exactly are the Green Warriors?   And why do they want Nathan Webster dead? 

Review:

I just recently reread this book since I had not read it in 10 years.  From what I remember from 10 years ago, I didn?t really like it back then.  And while it is still not a favorite of mine, the book was written better than any of the new Hardy Boys books on the market today. 

One thing that I didn?t remember was the fact that Frank Hardy actually received a concussion that put him onto the critical list at Bayport Hospital.  Of course, even though Frank came out his coma about two hours after he went into the coma, I?m surprised that the hospital allowed him to leave at 5 a.m. the next morning.  If you had just been comatose, then I would think that the hospital would want to keep you in the hospital for a couple of days for observation?  And who ever heard of checking out of a hospital at 5 a.m., unless you were in the emergency room?  The earliest hospital checkout that I?ve heard of is 9 a.m.

Another interesting thing with this book is the connection that the author made between the Vietnam War and the battle for the environment, of which the environmental battle was still in its infancy in 1995.

While ?Campaign of Crime? is not one of the better Casefiles, it is a very good Casefile.

Rating: 7.25 out of 10
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Bigfootman

I'd like to thank you for re-reading this book.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

Bigfootman

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

hardy boys fan

Hey!............. Ohhhhh