Secret Files: General discussion and speculation

Started by SDLagent, July 03, 2009, 01:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

I have a general question about the Secret Files universe. Now, note- I haven't read all of them, so I'm not positive on this. I've generally flipped through most of them as they've been released though. (I may go back and invest in this series at some point, but it hasn't been a priority for collecting right at the moment.) Anyway- when the series started, I thought it was set more in the Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers universe, since the UB series was still the main Hardy Boys series going at that point. Now that that series has ended and the Hardy Boys Adventures series is running, I suppose the Secret Files have adapted to fit that series. I could be wrong, but didn't one of the early Secret Files books called Frank and Joe's aunt Trudy? I noticed that in #12 Lights, Camera...Zombies!, she is addressed and referred to as Aunt Gertrude. Did that change within the series or has it always been Aunt Gertrude in the books and I'm just mistaken on the Aunt Trudy thing?
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

I just went and checked the Secret Files books that we have (the earlier ones, we don't have #12 and a few others), and she's called Aunt Gertrude. In the Hardy Boys Adventures she's called Aunt Trudy.
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

Hmm- okay then. Maybe I just got mixed up with the HBA books. Thanks for checking, Hardy Sleuth. :) 8)