The Hardy Boys Trivia Game!

Started by The#1Hardy-BoysFan, July 04, 2007, 02:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

LOL- okay, then. I can tell you this much- you'll have to do some research for this one then. ;D :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: Hardy Boys UB Fan on March 03, 2011, 08:40:22 PM
Depends on the book!  ::) ;D

I haven't read them, but I would probably agree with you.  ;)
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

MacGyver

Hmm, well I would recommend reading them of course, but then I like Nancy Drew just fine. Buried in Time and Mystery Train are two I like really well in that series.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: MacGyver on March 03, 2011, 08:46:09 PM
Hmm, well I would recommend reading them of course, but then I like Nancy Drew just fine. Buried in Time and Mystery Train are two I like really well in that series.

OK, I'll see what I can find.  :)
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on March 03, 2011, 08:43:18 PM
I haven't read them, but I would probably agree with you.  ;)

Thanks!  ;) ;D

MacGyver

Of course, those books won't help you with this question though. ;)
But I do think they're worth reading if you get a chance. But it's up to you- I wasn't trying to deride you for having different preferences or just not having read any of the other books yet. I keep forgetting that I grew up with the Originals and Digests and can remember when the Casefiles were first introduced- even though it doesn't always seem that long ago. :D

tomswift2002

I think I know the answer.  Part of it is part-of-the-title of a late-90's Digest?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Hmm- I don't think so, unless Chet's taken more than one undercover name. I probably should specify that he only used this in one book as far as I know and not on a regular basis.

MacGyver

I suppose that's the problem with these kinds of questions. Since there are so many of The Hardy Boys books and different series- and different writers at different times have written different scenarios that don't always stay in one single continuity, it's easy to see how I might have one answer in mind but it could easily spiral from there into a lot of other possibilities. (I don't think there are that many other possibilities in this case, although admittedly I can think of some other possible choices.) But hopefully this will help bridge the gaps in this mystery for you. ;)

tomswift2002

Well, since no one's taken a stab, here's my guess:

Gator Two.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

MacGyver

Sorry, no, that's not the one I was thinking of. I'm not actually sure where that one is from- but if no one else can guess it, I'll give it to tomswift2002 since there seems to be more than one possible answer. But look closely at my last post- there's a big clue in there. ;)

hardygirl847

Now we just had to figure out what the clue is (I have an inkling) and what it means. :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Yeah, hopefully someone will get it soon- otherwise this thread will just drag on and hang on like a ball and chain.

(And yes, that was another clue there.) ;)

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on March 09, 2011, 01:13:46 AM
I'm not actually sure where that one is from

It's from The Skyfire Puzzle in Chapter 1 when the boys and Fenton are doing the spying.  Chet's code name for the radio is "Gator Two".

hardygirl847

Bridge the gaps and ball and chain? Hmm...
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)