What Would YOU Like to See?

Started by Olivia, July 18, 2008, 10:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NZone

Yes, to turn to the dark side, that would be.
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

SDLagent

Man, we're getting worse then HDA with all these thread drifts.

Bigfootman

Quote from: oliviatocali on August 18, 2008, 04:45:32 PM
Close enough! First #13, then #15! Maybe I'm channeling them, or vice-versa :D Of course not though, because of the time frame and releases. And #13 was a given, because of the contest.

Actually, I was re-reading everyone's answers and they are quite good.

Sam Spade really had a point about nothing major happening to shake things up (WARD is sort of in there, but w/e).

SDLagent about Laura/Trudy being let in on ATAC. It would be an interesting twist, but I kind of like the idea that they don't know. Actually, if they won't go that direction (which they probably won't), it would be good as one of the last books. Or maybe in a trilogy, who knows. Just a rough idea.

Bigfootman, at least they had one case they stumbled upon in The Opposite Numbers (GN #7), if that counts. And Rocky Road, right? Or was that sort of indirectly assigned? Of course I don't remember much of it :-\

tomswift2002 about all the "lame" excuses...definitely!

JoeHardyRocks about Vijay making a mistake, but then it helps solve the case. I like this idea. Sounds just a smidge like something Chet might do too :)

Now I feel like we're in kindergarden and I'm going around the circle ;D

Actully, Opisite numbers took place on a train to a ATAC mission, and Rocky Road was caused by a false ATAC mission.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

Olivia

Bigfootman - Well, to me it seems like they're both indirectly related. Especially GN #7, because what happened on the train wasn't a case that ATAC sent them. But then they had the case because they were a part of ATAC. So I don't know, I guess I'm getting too technical. Strictly speaking, I guess you're right!

SDLagent - It's still sort of on topic, we were talking about the "corruption" idea and other things *shrugs*

SDLagent

And you have to remember Graphic Novel #1 which made no mention of ATAC, but that book was actually published pre-ATAC so it's not really the same.

tomswift2002

You also have to remember that at first, the Graphic Novels were going to be a bridge between the Digest series and the Undercover Brothers series,  but so far, #1 is an oddity in the series. Its sort of like Digests #84 & 85.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

Did they actullay say it was going to be a bridge? I do remeber that they made it sound like Graphic Novel #2 would answer some questions, such as what happend to Iola and Callie, but as we know that never happend. I wonder why...maybe Papercutz came up with the idea but S&S didn't like it? I don't know.

tomswift2002

On Friday September 10, 2004, Bob Nelson sent this to the Hardyboys@yahoogroups.com about the comic book line (note: at that time there were still plans to continue, what became the Graphic Novels, as a comic book line past #3):

QuoteI also saw the synopsis for the second comic book in the Hardy Boys Ocean of
Osyria story. Part 2 comes out in December. According to the synopsis, The
Gray Man is in the story. He was the head of the Network in the Casefiles
series. It seems strange that he is in the story, since Iola Morton is also in
the story, yet according to the Casefiles storys, the Hardys met The Gray Man at
Iola's funeral. Interestingly, since it was reported that the comic book
series will bridge the gap from the classic Hardy Boys series to the new Hardy
Boys (Boy Investigators?) series, I wonder if The Gray Man will be featured in
the new books. Only time will tell....=)

That's it for now,

Bob Nelson
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

SDLagent

Thanks Tom. On the papercutz website it still mentions the Gray Man, in the plot summary for comic book #1.

I noticed that Bob, refered to the UB as Hardy
Boys (Boy Investigators?).

tomswift2002

Yeah, there was more to that email, but it was talking about the news of Grosset & Dunlap releasing volumes 59-66 of the Digest series as flashlight books, listing what volumes 1-6 of "the new" Hardy Boys series would be and mentioning that #7, in September 2004, had been given an ISBN,  but no title, and that on the phone, the automatic answering service at S&S had said "The Hardy Boys bi seven".  Apparently the service had been saying "new seven", but then when he called during that week, it was saying "bi", so he was guessing that that might've stood for "Boy Investigators".

bozonessinc

Why not in this forum write mini-hb stories about ATAC and other hardy boys stuff, you  all are imaginitive in your posts, mini-hardy boys stories would be cool.

tomswift2002

Quote from: tomswift2002 on August 19, 2008, 02:10:31 PM
On Friday September 10, 2004, Bob Nelson sent this to the Hardyboys@yahoogroups.com about the comic book line (note: at that time there were still plans to continue, what became the Graphic Novels, as a comic book line past #3):

http://hardyboys.us/bt44.htm

If you check out the link to #44 of Bob Finaan's Bayport Times, in the Big News In Bayport section you'll see a right up on everything that Bob Nelson sent in the email to everyone on Hardyboys@yahoogroups back in 2004.
Look under the section about the Comic Books for the mention about the Gray Man being in the Graphic Novels.

SDLagent

003Robin457

I think some one else should tell a chapter like Fenton or Cheat.

tomswift2002

Quote from: 003Robin457 on September 09, 2008, 05:30:36 PM
I think some one else should tell a chapter like Fenton or Cheat.

One problem, Chet's only been in like 2 UB's while Fenton barely makes an appearance.  In Haunted, Fenton showed up for a few lines of support , and then he emailed advice on the haunted house they were going to.  I had to laugh when I saw that.  This is suppose to be a top-secret investigation that only Fenton and the boys know about, and yet he goes and emails the boys, even though it is well known that to a lot of computer hackers and addicts, even after the message has been deleted someone could still find a trace of the message somewhere in the computer.