What Would YOU Like to See?

Started by Olivia, July 18, 2008, 10:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olivia

I really didn't know where to put this topic, but anyways...

If we can't really change the overall concept of the HB:UB series, what little things (or big things, I guess) would you like to see featured?

1. I think it would be good if one or some of the books could show Frank and Joe actually training at ATAC headquarters physically and/or intellectually. I would like to see how and what they learn, and what kind of things they would do.

2. They could also go and get one of their assignments in person at a meeting, which would give us a picture of the people working there along with what the place looks like. It would also be interesting to see other people discussing a mission with them. I know the point is for them to do it on their own, but whatever.

3. Finally, the brothers could even take along a trainee on a mission, or help a trainee out in some way. There's many possibilities with this (both on a serious and/or humourous note).

:)

SkyWarp

I think you may be on to something here.

If ocassionally more time was spent detailing more about ATAC and giving more stories dealing with ATAC itself rather than just having it play an obligatory story opener, then perhaps ATAC would be a little more interesting.  At least for a little while longer. 

SDLagent

I think this is a good idea, as well. In the other YA spy series I read, he always gets his mission details in person.

Maybe S&S should do a story, in which it becomes to dangerous for ATAC to use the method they use currently for contacting their agents Something like, WARD starts sending out fake mission CDs, and other things along those lines, tricking them into traps.

The ATAC tech team adds more security features to the mission CDs, but WARD still manages to use them to their advantage, and ATAC if forced to change their method all together. Contact agents are assigned to certain areas, to be the contact for that area's ATAC agents. Nigel Penhurst is assigned to the area, that Bayport is included in.

Or something like that.

As for three on your list, something similar to that, was recently done, in Graphic Novel #13. You should read it, I think you would enjoy it, as like you suggested ATAC is used in a bit different way - Frank and Joe are back-up, and a new security feature for the mission CDs is introduced.

SDLagent

And another story they could do is Laura and Trudy finding out about ATAC. This would definitely make the series interesting, if they did it right, imagine how Laura would feel finding out that her sons have been endangering their lives with the help of her husband behind her back! I think this could be very interesting, we would see some serious tension between Fenton and Laura, and could ultimately lead to the end of Frank and Joe's career as ATAC agents.

Sam Spade

Quote from: HardyBoysWiki on July 19, 2008, 12:53:01 AM
And another story they could do is Laura and Trudy finding out about ATAC. This would definitely make the series interesting, if they did it right, imagine how Laura would feel finding out that her sons have been endangering their lives with the help of her husband behind her back! I think this could be very interesting, we would see some serious tension between Fenton and Laura, and could ultimately lead to the end of Frank and Joe's career as ATAC agents.

That's more like something they would do in the Casefiles then in the UBs, HBWiki. I mean, can you imagine anything like that happening in the UB series? Thats one of the problems with the series, there is no evolution to it. It's like every book has nothing to do with the one before it! >:( Can you imagine Belinda Conrad or Vijay Petal getting killed off like Iola was? There are never any twists in the UBs that change the overall series at all! It's just the same routine over and over again! ::) >:( It's time they end the series or change it in a way that is exceptable to the fans who are tired of reading the same book again and again! Don't get me wrong, I enjoy most if not all of the UB books, but it's time for a change, and I mean a change for the better!
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

Bigfootman

The Hardy boys solving a myisterie they found on their own in the books.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

SDLagent

Quote from: Sam Spade on July 19, 2008, 12:22:07 PM
That's more like something they would do in the Casefiles then in the UBs, HBWiki. I mean, can you imagine anything like that happening in the UB series? Thats one of the problems with the series, there is no evolution to it. It's like every book has nothing to do with the one before it! >:( Can you imagine Belinda Conrad or Vijay Petal getting killed off like Iola was? There are never any twists in the UBs that change the overall series at all! It's just the same routine over and over again! ::) >:( It's time they end the series or change it in a way that is exceptable to the fans who are tired of reading the same book again and again! Don't get me wrong, I enjoy most if not all of the UB books, but it's time for a change, and I mean a change for the better!

You are so right, Sam! The series never changes, and that hurts the series.

I think Scott Lobdell would consider it for his series, though, but getting the idea past S&S might be a problem!

JoeHardyRocks

I think it would be cool if they could take Vijay on a mission and then he keeps messing up but one of his mistakes helps catch the bad guy or something. If Laura or Aunt Trudy found out about ATAC, it would totally ruin ATAC and the whole series!! I hope they don't do that!! :o
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

SDLagent

drama, tension, and misunderstanding are all things that make good stories, Laura and Trudy's discovery of ATAC would be all of those. And it's just not realistic at all for them not to - they're both smart women!

By the way, I agree, Vijay Patel should become a field agent.

Olivia

Thanks for your replies. And yeah, I haven't gotten around to Graphic Noval #13 yet.

JoeHardyRocks

I think that after 23 books, Vijay should be a field agent already!
"Thank you, Joe."

Q

There has only been 19 books since he was introduced,JHRocks.

JoeHardyRocks

Oh, sorry, I forgot. He should still be a field agent already anyway. ;D
"Thank you, Joe."

tomswift2002

Actually, I think Laura and Gertrude should be let in on the ATAC secret, since they've got to be wondering just how the Hardy's are getting all the money to pay for all the music CD's, DVD's and Video Games that they're always buying or ordering online (even though they are ATAC discs).  And the excuses that the Hardy's are making now are starting to be pretty lame.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

Yes, and notice the authors are even running out of excuses, lately - there hasn't been an ''on screen'' explanation for a while.