What's up with Murder House?

Started by Q, December 20, 2007, 09:10:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q

Where did they get Murder House from? ??? ??? ???

Sam Spade

I think that Murder House may be part of a three-part series. (maybe more then three parts...) The series would be (At least so far,), Deprivation House, House Arrest, and Murder House.
If you notice, all three of them have the word HOUSE in the title.
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

Q

I can't find Murder House anywhere else on the internet.Can you?

tomswift2002

Chapters.ca is listing Murder House with a September 30, 2008 release date.  I wonder if it might be a four-part story, considering that the Super Mystery Haunted is scheduled to be released on August 5, which is between House Arrest (July 8) and Murder House

If Deprivation House (May 20), House Arrest (July 8) and Murder House (September 30) were a three part story, you would think that S&S would release that story before releasing Haunted or do what they did with the two Hardy Boys and Tom Swift Ultra Thrillers in the early 1990's.  Time Bomb (August 1992) was released during the same month as Operation:Phoenix Part 3: The Phoenix Equation (and even referenced the events of Operation: Phoenix in the story).  The Alien Factor was released in June 1993, the same month that Ring Of Evil #1 Tagged For Terror was released, and even though TAF did not reference the Ring Of Evil series, you could tell that it probably occured before Ring Of Evil, and was in essence a prologue to that mini-series.

Now think of what might've happened if S&S had released Time Bomb during the middle of July 1992, what might've happened to sales of The Phoenix Equation.  If S&S is going to release Haunted in the middle of a trilogy, then they might be asking for trouble.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Sam Spade

Well, wouldn't you say that it is strange how, (If it's not a three-part series) that all three books (at least so far) have the word HOUSE in the title ???

Sam Spade

Wikipedia now has this book cover posted on their website:

It says at the top of the cover that it is "BOOK ONE IN THE MURDER HOUSE TRILOGY", the trilogy being Deprivation House, House Arrest, and Murder House.
I can't say that I'm the biggest fan of the cover though, but you know what they say, "Don't judge a book by it's cover". :-\

White Eagle

Oh, brother. If that's their idea of cool now...
A man with wings can do anything, but a man with a rocket can do Everything!

tomswift2002

Well, the cover does look more like the covers for the adult-oriented murder mysteries that you see in the stores.  But, if that is the cover, then it will be the first time since 2001 that both brothers have appeared on the cover together.

Also, I wonder if S&S will be trying to improve sales of the series with this release.  I seem to recall that the Operation: Phoenix trilogy was released to beef up sales of the Casefiles in 1992 after they had been entering into a slump, and the trilogy did just that, but then the Ring Of Evil trilogy was also released to do the same thing, but sales went in the opposite direction.  But, who knows what is on the minds of the people at S&S.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Sam Spade

I don't really like the depiction of Frank and Joe on this cover though. :-\

Olivia

It's kind of weird seeing them stand back-to-back...

Centrion

Yeah, agreed, but I suppose everyone pictures Frank and Joe differently.
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

4567TME

I liked the older covers (Books 1-21)

FrankJoeATAC

Me too. When I first saw the Murder House covers with Frank and Joe, I was like, "After these weird covers, they're going to bring back the old picture covers, right?"

JoeHardyRocks

I have said this before, and I'll say it again. They look like monkeys and it doesn't cost any more to hire good looking "actors" than it does the ugly ones! :P :P :P :P
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

4567TME

Quote from: Stardust on August 15, 2009, 09:54:55 PM
I have said this before, and I'll say it again. They look like monkeys and it doesn't cost any more to hire good looking "actors" than it does the ugly ones! :P :P :P :P
RIGHT!