Undercover Brothers, The Series

Started by The#1Hardy-BoysFan, June 26, 2007, 03:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

Quote from: tomswift2002 on July 17, 2007, 12:31:05 PM
In different books, it is mentioned that the Hardy's play baseball, football, soccer, etc, after school.  But in the Undercover Brothers series, the Hardy Boys are always getting cases as soon as one is solved (or sometime during the day following the case), which would leave the question, when would the Hardy's have time to be on sports teams?

Yes when would the Hardy's have time to be on sports teams?  But it seems some how they do have time for sports, because in many of the UB books it says that the boys are on the Bayport High track and swim teams.  In HB GN #4 Joe even plays on the football team!  So it does make sense that they wouldn?t be in sports but yet they are.       

Centrion

The best, I thought, was Wanted. The worst was Operation :Survival where Frank openly swears, as does others. I agree, ATAC shouldn't be in every book. I wish there would be more of the original friends.
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

Olivia

Maybe they have time for sports the same way they have time for homework? Some people can fit everything in. It is possible if you cut out other things like television or going to the mall, etc. which add up. Although, I would think that maybe the brothers do watch some television, i.e. like Frank putting on the news or something. However, he could stay up-to-date from the Internet while working on homework on his computer.

I'm also guessing that certain sports are "season" sports, only played during certain times of the year. Thus, perhaps they only have to juggle one sport at a time.

Just some suggestions!

SDLagent

SPOILER WARNING: If you have not read Hardy Boys Graphic Novel #7 The Opposite Numbers, DOT NOT read this:
After reading Graphic Novel #7 The Opposite Numbers I really want to see WARD and the Noir sisters in the regular novels.  After all the Noirs did get a way at the end of the book and Shira says there are lots of other WARD agents.         

SDLagent

Hardy_boys_lover_101

Right now im reading 'Death and Diamonds' And it is SO GOOD!!!  :D
I Luv it.

mystery chick 901

yeah. I liked death and diamonds too!

4567TME

I'd give Death and Diamonds 82% on a percentage scale to 100%.

JoeHardyRocks

It was OK for me, because I read a review that gave away the ending. :P
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

tomswift2002

Death and Diamonds is a rarity in the Undercover Brothers series in that it actually features some old Hardy faces---in this case Chief Ezra Finch Collig and Officer Con Riley. 

Aside from that the plot was really lackluster and boring.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Man

I actually think that Death and Diamonds was one of the better Hardy books. It had more action than other UBs, the mystery showed some sign of effective plot development, the reader got to see the Hardys work together as a team more than in most books, and the villain wasn't someone that a six-year-old could see coming (a rarity in the HB UBs franchise).

SDLagent

I agree. From what I can remember of the book, it's one of the best UB.

Bigfootman

Death and Diamonds was a good book. It had an interesting plot, and unlike most UBs I was not able to figure out who the villain was, however, some parts where boring.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

Hardy Man

Death and Diamonds reminded me remotely of what good Hardy books look like. I just wish that the publishers would have continued down the way of interesting stories and not jump the shark yet again with Bayport Buccaneers.