Undercover Brothers, The Series

Started by The#1Hardy-BoysFan, June 26, 2007, 03:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

I do think Collig knows about the boys being ATAC I just trying to make sense of it.

Quote from: tomswift2002 on July 09, 2007, 06:09:34 PM
it could be that Collig and Riley have been told to say that when there are people around who don't know about ATAC. 

That?s a good idea, but what Frank says to him self right after makes it seem like Collig doesn?t know.  That part in Mission #12 is probably just a mistake though.

Sam Spade

although I prefer the original 'hardbacks' more then any of the hardy boys series', I still enjoy the ub's alot! I think my biggest problem with the new ub series is the lack of the Iola, Callie, Tony, Biff, Phil, and even Chet, who has only been in a few of the storys. And instead of the classic charecters that we all know and love, they have added some new charecters, Brian Conrad, Balinda Conrad, Vijay Petal. I also think that the whole ATAC thing is getting kind of old! I don't know about anybody else, but i think that the writers of the new series need to put the 'Chums' :D as they were called back into the books.

Does anyone else agree ???
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

SDLagent

I agree as you can see in my 1st post in this thread:

Quote from: SDLagent on June 26, 2007, 03:43:42 PM
I don't like  that the original characters aren't in the books much, Chet's in about nine books, Iola's in four but she doesn't do much, Callie is only in one and is no longer Frank's girl friend.  Biff, Tony, and Phil haven't even made an appearance.

tomswift2002

I agree with that too.  The Conrad's, just the way they are written, are starting to get old and tiring.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

You know what would be a cool introduction for Tony in this series:  Tony sees Vijay Petal delivering a ??pizza?? to Frank and Joe and gets mad at them for not ordering from Mr. Pizza.  Then the boys have to make up a story so Tony won?t find out about ATAC.

On the back of the upcoming UB book (Mission #17) it says:

QuoteLOCATION: Eastside Mall.

POTENTIAL VICTIMS: Chet, Iola, and other teens who work and hang at the mall.
It looks Chet and Iola might have more of a role in this book :)
Quoteother teens who work and hang at the mall.
Maybe Tony will appear in this book too :), but I doubt it.

So maybe the ''chums'' will be back! ;D       

tomswift2002

Yeah, but the chums may show up once every 15 to 20 volumes (in other words, years between each reappearance).
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Sam Spade

Quote from: SDLagent on July 12, 2007, 04:03:09 PM
You know what would be a cool introduction for Tony in this series:  Tony sees Vijay Petal delivering a ??pizza?? to Frank and Joe and gets mad at them for not ordering from Mr. Pizza.  Then the boys have to make up a story so Tony won?t find out about ATAC.

I love your idea!!! :) I think that they should really do that in one of the new books, but they probably won't :( :'(
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

SDLagent

Chet appears in Missions: 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11, 13, 16 and SM1. :)  So he appears in just over have the series :) but he only helps the Hardys in 1, 5, 9 and SM1. :(  I loved his entry in Mission #1 and after that I thought Chet would play a big role in the UBs ;D but he hasn?t. >:(         

"You!"

Quote from: Sam Spade on July 12, 2007, 12:05:15 AM
And instead of the classic charecters that we all know and love, they have added some new charecters, Brian Conrad, Balinda Conrad, Vijay Petal. I also think that the whole ATAC thing is getting kind of old! I don't know about anybody else, but i think that the writers of the new series need to put the 'Chums' :D as they were called back into the books.

Does anyone else agree ???

I agree that they should bring back some of the old characters for support. I mean sure, not every character in the book is going to like the Hardys, but you kinda miss the fact that their chums we're very loyal in the first place.  And when try to portray that in the mysteries, it sometimes feels bothersome.  I don't think the writers are giving it proper consideration.

I like when they are on their own. It shows their independence.The ATAC, kinda stinks, in that they don't free lance (as much) into solving mysteries. :P
CAB :)

tomswift2002

Maybe S&S should have ATAC get swallowed up by some other agency like the Network and bring back the Gray Man.  This Q is nothing at all like the Gray Man or even Q from the Bonds.

SDLagent

Quote from: tomswift2002 on July 13, 2007, 04:56:59 PM
Maybe S&S should have ATAC get swallowed up by some other agency like the Network and bring back the Gray Man.

I thought of that to. ATAC could become a division of the Network.

Here?s another thought:

In the unrevised Originals the boys are 15&16 and then they jump right to 17&18 in the Blue Spines and Casefiles. So maybe the UBs are the missing link! This is what it could be like:
Originals-15&16
Undercover Brothers-16&17
Blue Spines/Diegsts
Casefiles
Super Myseries-17&18

They could make the UBs a percale to the Casefiles!  That would explain why the boys aren?t dating Callie and Iola and why they seem younger.       

SkyWarp

Quote from: SDLagent on July 13, 2007, 08:44:11 PM

Here?s another thought:

In the unrevised Originals the boys are 15&16 and then they jump right to 17&18 in the Blue Spines and Casefiles. So maybe the UBs are the missing link! This is what it could be like:
Originals-15&16
Blue Spines/Diegsts
Casefiles
Super Myseries-17&18

They could make the UBs a percale to the Casefiles!  That would explain why the boys aren?t dating Callie and Iola and why they seem younger.       

I have often thought about the same thing. 

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on July 13, 2007, 08:44:11 PM

Here?s another thought:

Originals-15&16
Blue Spines/Diegsts
Casefiles
Super Myseries-17&18

One problem, that would mean that the Hardy's were resolving old mysteries, unless you are saying that it goes like this:

Original Text's 1-7
Undercover Brothers
Original Text's 8-58
Digest's 59-85
Casefiles
Supermystery '88

That would make more sense.  But, you've got to remember that in the original texts from the 1920's and 1930's, mention is made to the fact that Frank and Joe are on the various sports teams during the year, and that they are top A students.  So, that sort of puts a dent in that theory.

SDLagent

Quote from: tomswift2002 on July 15, 2007, 06:56:11 PM
But, you've got to remember that in the original texts from the 1920's and 1930's, mention is made to the fact that Frank and Joe are on the various sports teams during the year, and that they are top A students.  So, that sort of puts a dent in that theory.

I get all your other points and there good ones :), but what does sports have to do with it? ???

tomswift2002

In different books, it is mentioned that the Hardy's play baseball, football, soccer, etc, after school.  But in the Undercover Brothers series, the Hardy Boys are always getting cases as soon as one is solved (or sometime during the day following the case), which would leave the question, when would the Hardy's have time to be on sports teams?