Galaxy X Spoiler Board

Started by tomswift2002, March 19, 2009, 03:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HB@1718

I mean, in Top Ten Ways to Die, when Joe was around Vee, he wasn't flirty, and she really liked him.

JoeHardyRocks

"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

HB@1718

Well, flirty or not, he's still sooo hot. *Cue dreamy eyes.

tomswift2002

I'm currently reading the first book of the Galaxy X trilogy, and already the book is so full of illogic that it makes me wonder how the author even managed to write it.  WIthin the first 10 chapters the author has already mentioned that the local police, FBI and CIA aren't even aware of what is going on at the theme park, and yet the music producer, apparently, called up ATAC himself to have them investigate what was going on??? 

Okay...did I miss something, or when did ATAC start to be listed in the Blue Pages under Government Police Services?  I thought that ATAC was suppose to be a very "top secret" organization, but going by this book it appears that ATAC is mentioned in a phone book.  Even in the Casefiles universe, Espionage Resources was listed in the phone book, but under an assumed name.  Somehow I would think that another "Top Secret" organization would use an assumed name in the phone book.

Otherwise...the story is intersting, but is getting very repetitive, considering that in the last trilogy the author's also had a group of protestor's as the supsects in the books.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

tomswift2002

Boy did books 1 & 2 ever fly by fast---but book 3 has come to a screeching halt.  What has happened?  Did the author just think that the trilogy would carry itself along on its own built up steam?  With Books 1 & 2 I like how Book 2 picked up nearly to the minute where Book 1 left off, but with Book 3, right from the first page, it feels just so disconnected from the rest of the trilogy, and feels more like a book from the rest of the series.  Plus I'm finding that the story is just too confined, since I'd like to see the Hardys go outside the park to the nearby town and see if they could dig up more information on their bad guy or even more information on the battles that the owner of the park had to fight when proposing the park to city officials, etc.  Right now Book 3 is mostly just Frank and Joe walking to each ride/show, talk to someone from the owner's family, then walk to another ride/show and talk to a celebrity/owner's family member.  Frank and Joe are not really doing any detective work in this book.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Lola

I just finished reading book 3 and I thought it was just a rehash of Books 1 & 2. Frank and Joe go over what happened in the first two books. There is some action but I hate to admit that I have to agree with Tomswift and say this one just didn't cut it. The culprit was somewhat of a surprise though I did have a inkling in the first book but the way that one and the second one were written it made me drop that notion all together. It was an okay read although I didn't read straight through like I did the first two.